Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axis Super Sport

User Info Menu

Axis Super Sport

I just purchased an Axis Super Sport and the action is very good at the nut
    but toward the bridge the strings are 1/4 inch above the frets - this is just too high

the neck truss rod has just a little relief in it - and the bridge appears to be
    on the body of the guitar - I know there are individual adjust screws for each string
    but I really doubt I will be able to get the action low enough considering it is already close at the nut.

any ideas

User Info Menu

Lower your saddles.

User Info Menu

You know it doesn't exist without pictures!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

How do you post pictures

User Info Menu

as far as lowering the saddles - I did a little but it is still high will post a picture or two

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Wow- gorgeous guitar. But I can't get a sense of anything from those pics.

User Info Menu

hard to take a photo to show it but the measurements are one mm ish at the nut and 1/4 inch at the end near the bridge. there is just a little relief in the neck and I just bought it and wonder am I better off sending it back or trying to get it adjusted?

User Info Menu

It should be pretty much perfect from the factory. If it's not, the only adjustment you'd really need is relief (do a search here- lots of threads on it). I don't think you will need to touch the saddles.

But really, if you're not comfortable doing this, or if there's something out of the ordinary, take it back to your dealer and ask for help.

User Info Menu

one of the reasons I wanted to purchase this guitar is because in the youtube video it is stated that the buyer does not have to be able to make these adjustments it should come in good shape and ready to play

The tone is amazing as well as the neck and it is a limited edition

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishcatcher View Post
    one of the reasons I wanted to purchase this guitar is because in the youtube video it is stated that the buyer does not have to be able to make these adjustments it should come in good shape and ready to play

The tone is amazing as well as the neck and it is a limited edition
    Nice guitar, did you get it locally? Did you get it new? If so, your covered with a warranty. The dealer should be able to deal with any issues and if not then, EBMM CS should be able to help out.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

DrKev one of the mods just talked about this type of thing last week. Here is the thread and the video he made.

Axis String Height Question

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

got it online at Sam Ash

User Info Menu

thanks for the video - but my EVH wolfgang Special is darn near straight and low action the entire neck