Not electric until you plug it in
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NGD - 1997 Axis Sport

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nervous View Post
    So sorry. I do feel bad. I had been negotiating with the seller from his first listing and he just wouldn't get to where I was comfortable, especially since I had additional plans and expense for it. I think this was the fourth relist that had it at the price you state so it was game on. My apologies for the snipe.
    Lol no worries man. Enjoy...and be sure to post pics if you un-tele it!!
    There's another one on the 'verb...Super Sport with Sport neck and (i assume) aftermarket TV Jones pups...can't quite get to amicable terms considering all of the above.
    The quest continues!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wesman11483 View Post
    Lol no worries man. Enjoy...and be sure to post pics if you un-tele it!!
    There's another one on the 'verb...Super Sport with Sport neck and (i assume) aftermarket TV Jones pups...can't quite get to amicable terms considering all of the above.
    The quest continues!
    If it's the gray one that looks like it might be the correct neck and body combo. The listing offers no info on age, pickups, anything and that price seems more than a tad high to me. Funny though, I now have an Axis set up as a Tele, and a Tele (Cabronita) set up with TV Jones like the Axis you're watching. I like the TV Jones pickups and they work great in the Cab. But that Tele sees no use now and will see less with two Axis on hand. Might need a new home for that one...
    2016 Axis Super Sport Trans Gold w/ Maple Neck
    1997 Axis Sport HSS Kandy Lime w/ Maple Neck

User Info Menu

Quick update on the refinish. Looks like it finally made it through repair, sealer and primer! Maybe start seeing color soon.

Before
    NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_2722-jpg

Today
    NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-primed-5-24-19-jpg

User Info Menu

Wow, nice, what color will the end project be or will this be a forumite torture?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Working towards an homage to the Dargie 1 scheme. After much angsting over a true match I went with Kandy Lime Green. Being sprayed Thursday I hear.

NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-lime-candy-jpg

The associated color discussion thread is here
    Dargie Green Paint Color Match

User Info Menu

Ah yes I remember that thread now. Nice that'll be nice to see when it's finished.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

We got green and clear!

NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3242a-jpg

User Info Menu

I have an exact same guitar, and really like the read with the black pickguard. But that Dargie looks killer!!!
    2001 Axis Sport HH hardtail maple fretboard burnt apple
    2001 Axis SuperSport HH hardtail maple fretboard translucent gold
    1997 Axis Sport HSS hardtail maple fretboard translucent red
    2002 AL MM90 hardtail maple fretboard honeyburst converted to AL 2H

User Info Menu

wow, that will be a cool one-off! Great idea. Canīt wait to see the result!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: Shelter50

User Info Menu

Just a little teaser... these are the final before ship finished pics and I am a little bit excited to get this on Monday and getting it all back together to see the finished total vision! That color and effect looks awesome.

NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3328-jpg

NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3329-jpg

NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3330-jpg

User Info Menu

Outstanding! Great color!!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nervous View Post
    Just a little teaser... these are the final before ship finished pics and I am a little bit excited to get this on Monday and getting it all back together to see the finished total vision! That color and effect looks awesome.
    NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3328-jpg
    Wow that is looking great!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Agreed this is looking really good, can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Well, using what I had I got it all back together today, set up and playing beautifully. Axis Humbuckers, switch and HH pickguard are a couple weeks out so that's a project for another time. Dying to get it out and play though. I'll take some sexy pics when I can and put the entire refin in a standalone thread for fun and posterity. But for now here's what it looks like as a complete guitar again. The color is actually a bit brighter and livelier than these pics have captured. The difference is stunning and with everything fresh, clean and polished this 22 year old beauty looks and feels brand new!

NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3443-jpg
    NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3439-jpg
    NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3441-jpg
    NGD - 1997 Axis Sport-img_3438-jpg

User Info Menu

That looks great!
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night