Music Man April BFR

Thread: My wish

User Info Menu

My wish

You know what would be cool? If Music Man would allow us to order any combination of colors and wood on any model.

Obviously Iím not suggesting that this wouldnít be a permanent thing. I was thinking for one week during the year, if it was announced way in advance and we had some kind of spec sheet to figure out what we wanted, we can place orders to dealers during a certain week of the year to build our dream Music ManĎs.

That would be baller. Donít give me wrong. I love love love most of the finishes and specs offered, but this could be friggin awesome.

What would you order?

User Info Menu

Epic idea =D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My wish-01-jpg   My wish-08-jpg   My wish-02-jpg  

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Tiger Eye (on its way)

User Info Menu

A time-limited-custom-shop. Big Poppa will be thrilled.
    Joke aside, it'd be great but wouldn't work fir sig models. MM philosophy is to make what the artist wants/plays available for us. Not the other way around.
    Last edited by Magic Jason; 12-20-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

User Info Menu

yes please!. the mark holocomb custom silverbust looks awesome too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    Epic idea =D

User Info Menu

Tried to get my purple firemist Luke headstock painted ... Answer from EBMM: "negative, we no longer offer that" . So EBMM will paint matching headstocks in just about EVERY other model in purple firemist but not the Luke. Kinda silly. That's all I would ask for ...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    ---

Luke 1 - Pearl Red
    Luke 1 - Pearl Blue
    Luke 2 - Pearl Purple
    Luke 2 - Black Sparkle
    Luke 2 - PDN Green Sparkle
    Luke 2 - BFR Trans Purple Quilt]
    Luke 2 - PDN Starry Night (MH)
    Luke 2 - BFR Island Burst
    Luke 2 - Dargie Delight 1
    Luke 2 - Dargie Delight 2
    Luke 2 - Sapphire Black
    Luke 2 - Sledge
    Luke 2 - Red Pearl
    Luke 2 - BFR True Gold
    Luke 2 - True Gold (MH)
    Luke 2 - Carbon Blue Pearl
    Luke 3 - BFR Boysenberry
    Luke 3 - Firemist Purple

User Info Menu

I know there's no chance Big Poppa would agree to do this, but if he did . . .

LIII HH in blue dawn. Mahagony body, roasted maple neck, ebony fretboard, stainless steel frets, matching headstock.

Not holding my breath, but Pete DuBaldo knows I'd be calling him immediately to place my order if this were ever available.
    Starry Night LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

I understand running a custom shop is a completly different thing than what MM is doing, but I think it could be cool to have a few options available at least like: hardware color (if already produced in that color), matching headstock, a few more solid colors may be. I'd not even ask for fretboards and inlays.

On an other subject, I'd personaly rebrand the JP line. Discountinue the JP BFR and JP11. Update the original JP with the JPXX shape. Make the JP15 the new JP BFR and offer more finishes and a second neck option with an ebony fretbaord. Keep the original Majesty as is but regroup the artisan and monarchy line under a single name. It would just streamline the whole offering.
    EBMM JP 6 BFR (TransBlack Quilt Top) 2011
    SBMM JP70 (Purple) 2014

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dryst_1025 View Post
    +1!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrJJoncas View Post
    I understand running a custom shop is a completly different thing than what MM is doing, but I think it could be cool to have a few options available at least like: hardware color (if already produced in that color), matching headstock, a few more solid colors may be. I'd not even ask for fretboards and inlays.
    This would be fantastic! In addition maybe the color of the pickups, or closed/open humbuckers could be chosen.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JasonT View Post
    I know there's no chance Big Poppa would agree to do this, but if he did . . .

LIII HH in blue dawn. Mahagony body, roasted maple neck, ebony fretboard, stainless steel frets, matching headstock.

Not holding my breath, but Pete DuBaldo knows I'd be calling him immediately to place my order if this were ever available.
    Pete's phone would melt!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    Pete's phone would melt!
    Maybe offer this only through Pete’s shop!!!! He’d make quota for the year in one week!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrJJoncas View Post
    On an other subject, I'd personaly rebrand the JP line. Discountinue the JP BFR and JP11. Update the original JP with the JPXX shape. Make the JP15 the new JP BFR and offer more finishes and a second neck option with an ebony fretbaord. Keep the original Majesty as is but regroup the artisan and monarchy line under a single name. It would just streamline the whole offering.
    The JP6&JP7 have their own fanbase, discontinuing it is practically impossible. In addition, I am certain that it has attracted a lot of the Silhouette fans as well, as it is essentially based on the Silhouette shape. Finally, I believe that the sales generated by the JP6&JP7 models are that good that discontinuing it would be a suicidal move business-wise.

Offering finish options on the JPXI would be a great move, as it is the only remaining JPX-shaped model that retains the opaque finish (body&neck). More finishes on the JP15, combined with the alternative for ebony fretboard would also be a great move as you say.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mystixboi1 View Post
    Maybe offer this only through Pete’s shop!!!! He’d make quota for the year in one week!
    Great idea! Works for me!
    Starry Night LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

I agree, I have a JP6 and JP15 and think they're both great but feel like totally different beasts. That scoop feels so weird the first time but then switching back to a guitar without it feels so bulky.