Ernie Ball Paradigm

Thread: Had to send guitar back

User Info Menu

Had to send guitar back

I want to thank each of you for trying to help me setup the blue axis super sport. I worked on it for hours and just never got it the way I needed it.

I broke my left ring finger in Jr. high school (playing basketball) and the coach just taped the finger to my pinkie. So now I am always doing the spok live long and prosper sign. So that is why I need the lowest action I can get away with.

I realized that the only way to get the guitar the way it would work for me was to put a 1/8 or 3/16 piece of wood between the body and neck. And I just did not feel that was something I should have to do after dropping 3K on a guitar.

It was the best looking and best tone guitar I have ever touched. And I really miss it. Not sure if I will own a Music Man or not now.

Thanks to all
    God Bless

User Info Menu

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Neck shims are not unusual on bolt-on guitars at any price point. None of my EBMMs have needed them to get low action, but I've owned quite a few other guitars over the years that did, including some of my current ones. It's not really a big deal, but at the same time, with that kind of investment, you need to be completely happy with it.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

"It was the best looking and best tone guitar I have ever touched. And I really miss it. Not sure if I will own a Music Man or not now."

Wouldn't write off all EBMM guitars because of one bad experience.... just sayin'....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Money thing not that I don't really want one.