Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else have problems with JP stereo jack through wireless?

User Info Menu

My axis sport with mm90's and piezo is unusable with the new line 6 g10s. Same noise as described.

User Info Menu

I just bought a Line6 G10S and have the horrible high-pitched noise with my JP15 and also a Parker Fly which has an active circuit and a piezo + onboard pre-amp/mixer.

User Info Menu

A wireless unit was on my list of something to purchase this summer. Looks like I should wait until this gets sorted.

User Info Menu

I actually have my JP7 back at EBMM right now for a similar issue - except mine is with just a regular instrument cable. Mags work fine, but stereo I'm getting some real high pitch artifacts bleeding thru. My Maj has ZERO issues. I'll post what they come back with.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mace13 View Post
    A wireless unit was on my list of something to purchase this summer. Looks like I should wait until this gets sorted.
    It's unlikely to ever be resolved for certain products. No need to wait, just test before buying.

In particular avoid the wireless units that use the ring on the TRS connection for charging. That seems to be the source of the ground loop that causes the noise.

Note that the G10S (and possibly the boss) is not a stereo devices even though it has a TRS connector. It will never handle an audio signal on the Ring connector.

User Info Menu

As I may encounter this issue, there must be a workaround to solve this !
    Basically you need to avoid contact between the transmitter's connector's ring and guitar's hardware, isn't it ?
    What if you tape the ring ? or put something inbetween the guitar and the transmitter that prevents the issue ?
    JP12 Cherry Sugar (Piezo, Inlays, Headstock) Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst (Piezo, inlays, headstock) Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
    Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    As I may encounter this issue, there must be a workaround to solve this !
    Basically you need to avoid contact between the transmitter's connector's ring and guitar's hardware, isn't it ?
    What if you tape the ring ? or put something inbetween the guitar and the transmitter that prevents the issue ?
    This suggestion was already covered... TRS -> TS adapter, which did not resolve the issue for myself. I still have yet to try the new input jack on the piezo because I just haven't found the time to solder it in.

Perhaps the mods can adjust the thread title to remove the "stereo" reference, as that has seem to have caused some confusion throughout the discussion.
    Current EBMM Guitars:
    2012 JPXI-7
    2014 JP6 BFR Koa
    2018 Valentine
    2018 JP15 BFR Eminence Purple

My Youtube Channel

User Info Menu

I exactly talked about something else
    I mean the issue is that the adapter is wiring it wrong, so there must be ways not getting tip+sleeve merged etc...
    JP12 Cherry Sugar (Piezo, Inlays, Headstock) Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst (Piezo, inlays, headstock) Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
    Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/