EBMM Stingray bass pink
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far out Morse

User Info Menu

Far out Morse

I found this on Reverb for anyone who's interested.

Glenn |B)

Poplar Body
    Figured Maple Neck
    Bound Rosewood Fretboard
    Locking Tuners
    P-90 Pickups

I wish I could tell you the exact specifications of this guitar - all I know is that its a one-of-a-kind built for an endorsee/artist. I'm not even sure that the body is Poplar, and I don't know who made the P-90's (though I supposed I could pull the pick guard and check them out if you were curious). All I know is that the neck on this thing is absolutely amazing, and it sounds incredible. I've never played another Morse, so I don't know what to compare it to, but I do know it blew me down the first time I sat down with it. This model never has block inlays, or P-90's, just to be sure. Its super clean, with no apparent flaws of any kind.

Music Man Steve Morse Custom (one-of-a-kind) | Adam's | Reverb
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Those "P90's" are actually Jazzmaster pups....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

the headstock looks kinda off

User Info Menu

Looks like the Cutlass headstock.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing this! Now that is interesting
    Headstock looks like the bigger one from Cutlass/Sting Ray
    I believe Never seen a Morse with a binding on the back.
    I am pretty sure the serial reads G55366, I will post it in the serial sticky

edit: Tuners look a bit odd to me, the newer Schallers usually have the "S" logo on the back
    Last edited by banjoplayer; 01-28-2019 at 01:41 AM.
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: The BlueScream, Shelter50

User Info Menu

Now that’s an odd duck! It looks legit, as in legit EBMM, but wow. I don’t know what to think.

User Info Menu

Paging Kevin, come in Kevin...
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    Thanks for sharing this! Now that is interesting
    Headstock looks like the bigger one from Cutlass/Sting Ray
    I believe Never seen a Morse with a binding on the back.
    I am pretty sure the serial reads G55366, I will post it in the serial sticky

edit: Tuners look a bit odd to me, the newer Schallers usually have the "S" logo on the back
    Could be per tuner change. Seller doesn't give a date. If it is an artist instrument any combination is possible I would think. No that this is my cup of tea, just thought it was unusual and different.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Could be per tuner change. Seller doesn't give a date. If it is an artist instrument any combination is possible I would think. No that this is my cup of tea, just thought it was unusual and different.

Glenn |B)
    My observations should not express suspiciousness. This guitar looks like a real piece of EBMM craftmanship. I really like it! And yes.... everything is possible at an artist one-off.
    The binding on the back is super-cute!
    blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03, 2005 pix
    pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13, 1994 pix
    cinnamon SUB1, Mar 08, 2004 pix
    vintage gold reflex, June 22, 2011 pix

My Bands: The BlueScream, Shelter50

User Info Menu

I posted that the first time it was for sale (before this seller got it) ... but strangely no one commented!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by banjoplayer View Post
    My observations should not express suspiciousness. This guitar looks like a real piece of EBMM craftmanship. I really like it! And yes.... everything is possible at an artist one-off.
    The binding on the back is super-cute!
    No worries man. Wow that's really cool to hear that you like it. Unique and different is how I saw this.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Joel just posted in the Serial numbers thread this:

"This Steve Morse was completed on May 2nd, 2016. The color is Black with the Rosewood fretboard & block inlays. It was a prototype made for our marketing/promotional account and most likely sold at a guitar show."

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

I can't find the original listing but I believe it sold for way cheaper then... I almost went for it but I just couldn't justify it space-wise.

Super-cool axe for sure. I'd rock the hell out of this...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pott View Post
    I can't find the original listing but I believe it sold for way cheaper then... I almost went for it but I just couldn't justify it space-wise.
    Ditto, I was so close before but kept talking myself out of it.

User Info Menu

It's a good thing I'm broke...........
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.