Music Man Modern Classics
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Valentine not so popular for EBMM?

User Info Menu

Oh yah the AL is just a great balance and very cool retro (Jetsons) shape. I've to an AL HH and an AL 3 MM90's. Love them both. If you can locate an AL with MM90's those are EBMM's custom wound P90 alternative. Just great sounding pickups in my opinion.

Glenn |B)
    Last edited by GWDavis28; 01-29-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Also, you could always look for a trade, the Valentine for an AL or something else. The Luke III's are great from what ever one who has one says.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Oh yah the AL is just a great balance and very cool retro (Jetsons) shape. I've to an AL HH and an AL 3 MM90's. Love them both. If you can locate an AL with MM90's those are EBMM's custom wound P90 alternative. Just great sound pickups in my opinion.

Glenn |B)
    Cool! thanks for the tips. The AL's look pretty rad. He's such a great guitarist too. Keep on rocking them.
    "Time to Rock the World and do it again!"

EBMM 2017 Valentine in Trans Buttermilk...his name is "Biscuits"

User Info Menu

Oh yah the AL is just a great balance and very cool retro (Jetsons) shape. I've to an AL HH and an AL 3 MM90's. Love them both. If you can locate an AL with MM90's those are EBMM's custom wound P90 alternative. Just great sounding pickups in my opinion.

Glenn |B)
    I can attest to the MM90s...I had them in my Axis Sport (I swapped out the bridge only because I liked the versatility and extra drive of the Dimarzio Super distortion (they make a P90 shape humbucker)...but by far the smoothest, best sounding P90 I have veer owned/played (this includes vintage Gibson, PRS, and Seymour Duncan Phat Cat)
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport
    SBMM 2018 AX3

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King

User Info Menu

I agree, you don’t see many EBMM Valentines around the interwebs (maybe b/c the folks that own them can’t stop playing them .

I have an EBMM Valentine and I gig the snot out of the thing. It is rock solid in its tuning and it can do almost everything convincingly. I love it. It is a beautifully designed instrument. I can play 4 hour gigs and not feel like I have been beat about the head and shoulders.

As a trivial thing, I love pulling it out of its case at a gig. There is just something satisfying about opening that case and seeing her all snug and ready to go. (Silly I know but... it makes me happy)

Beatnik

User Info Menu

Outstanding!! ^^^
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Glenn |B)
    Okay, good to know. Love the sound of the P90 too. Just has such a unique character to it.

Rock on!

User Info Menu

Its killing it....seriously
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

I just picked up one 2nd hand. MM model and initial impressions are pretty good, but I have a few issues with it. First it doesn’t get along with my wireless and 2nd the bridge plate seems to be junky quality and the metal plating is flaking. Other than that I think I’ll get along with it after some time. One thing that really stuck out to me is how tiny the neck feels at the nut. The neck is pretty thin and the nut a little smaller than my other guitars. I think I can adjust to that though. The neck finish is great. So we will see. I also picked up a Baja Tele recently and after customizing it to my liking it has jumped up near the top of my favorite guitars.

User Info Menu

All the nerdy guitar podcasts and YouTube channels I subscribe to are constantly praising the Valentine. Anecdotally it's quite popular and well received. I'd love to try one out!

User Info Menu

Great comments from all. It's great that we have so many options today as guitarists. There isn't one size fits all in anything. The Valentine is solid, but I think it's just not quite the right vibe for me. It does play like a dream and looks killer. If I do unload mine, I know it's going to go to an awesome home.

User Info Menu

I love the neck on my Valentine and love the design of the body. I did change out the bridge pickup for a SD Custom Custom. I had a Pearly Gates in there and may go back to it but it's a beautiful guitar and plays like a dream. The 20db boost is awesome too.

User Info Menu

Arggghhhh...just pulled it out of the case last night...and dang...such a rad guitar. Maybe I will just hang onto it for awhile longer. The pickups sound so good too. Nice having a humbucker and single coil with all the tapping options. And, the boost is like having another pedal built right into the guitar. I guess I am in a good place no matter what I decide to do.

User Info Menu

Keep it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Its killing it....seriously
    I can see why. What a guitar!!!
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."