New Prodigy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Majesty Monarchy Discontinued?

User Info Menu

Majesty Monarchy Discontinued?

so i heard that the Majesty Monarchy line is being discontinued. if so, why? and why is it still featured at music man's website? hmmm

User Info Menu

The 2019 models won't go on the website until they go on sale - depending on the model that will be April or May. The older models will go off the website when the new ones go on. But from the 2019 model info it does look like they are streamlining - maybe combining the original Majesty and the Monarchy model into a single offering?

User Info Menu

Correct, the "monarchy" name and colors are going away. The various incarnations of the Majesty will now be known collectively as "Majesty" instead of 3 different types called Majesty, Artisan Majesty, or Monarchy Majesty.

The 2019 models will be fully glossed (aside from the Stealth), have new DiMarzio pickups, and have new inlay material.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Correct, the "monarchy" name and colors are going away. The various incarnations of the Majesty will now be known collectively as "Majesty" instead of 3 different types called Majesty, Artisan Majesty, or Monarchy Majesty.

The 2019 models will be fully glossed (aside from the Stealth), have new DiMarzio pickups, and have new inlay material.
    so pete, does that mean that music man will still accept new orders for the monarchy before april 2019?

User Info Menu

Wow, I am SO glad I snagged a Majesty Monarchy in Majestic Purple!
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple (HSS, Floyd)
    '11 JP6 Pearl White (Loaded)
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 PDN Axis Honey Burst
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset (Floyd)
    '12 JPX Barolo

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't have expected that they would discontinue the Monarchy. I had the feeling that it was quite the selling model.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

So, are the Artisans going bye bye, as well? I think the Marrone is still my fav finish, and JP played it for quite a while on the road. All in all, glad they are consolidating all the models - there were just WAY too many.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    I wouldn't have expected that they would discontinue the Monarchy. I had the feeling that it was quite the selling model.
    Per Pete's post they aren't discontinuing the Monarchy and Artisan models, just the names and having them as separate models - all 3 will exist (with new colors at least for the former "Monarchy" models) but just under the single name "Majesty".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Per Pete's post they aren't discontinuing the Monarchy and Artisan models, just the names and having them as separate models - all 3 will exist (with new colors at least for the former "Monarchy" models) but just under the single name "Majesty".
    Original Majesty, Artisan Majesty and Monarchy Majesty finish options are all discontinued unfortunately. The new line is comprised of 6 new finishes (Dark Roast, Enchanted Forest, Blue Honu, Red Sunrise, Kinetic Blue, Stealth Black), and is now simply called the 'Majesty'.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    Original Majesty, Artisan Majesty and Monarchy Majesty finish options are all discontinued unfortunately. The new line is comprised of 6 new finishes (Dark Roast, Enchanted Forest, Blue Honu, Red Sunrise, Kinetic Blue, Stealth Black), and is now simply called the 'Majesty'.
    Have you seen all of the new finishes yet? I've only seen the one in the email/blog post about the 2019s (which looks kind of like an Artisan finish) and one photo from NAMM that was kind of blue-green (so it might have been the blue honu finish - which looked a lot like a Monarchy in a new color).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Have you seen all of the new finishes yet? I've only seen the one in the email/blog post about the 2019s (which looks kind of like an Artisan finish) and one photo from NAMM that was kind of blue-green (so it might have been the blue honu finish - which looked a lot like a Monarchy in a new color).
    Here's a quick snapshot from NAMM

Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter

User Info Menu

Dark Roast

Enchanted Forest

Blue Honu

Kinetic Blue

Stealth Black

Someone grabbed the Red Sunrise before we could get a body shot, here's the EB photo

Tiger Eye front

Tiger Eye back
    Visit the all new

User Info Menu

Pete - thanks for reposting the NAMM photos - great shots that really show the new colors.

User Info Menu

Are they going to all have gloss neck? If so, that's a bummer.
    EBMM JP 6 BFR (TransBlack Quilt Top) 2011
    SBMM JP70 (Purple) 2014

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrJJoncas View Post
    Are they going to all have gloss neck? If so, that's a bummer.
    High-gloss all the way, no more satin finish (exception being the Stealth Black Majesty, and the JP15).

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360