Ernie Ball CRNR Mike Dirnt

Thread: Axis SS with finish damage

User Info Menu

Axis SS with finish damage

Looking for some opinions. I'm considering an Axis SS hardtail with a quilted top. It's about 7 years old and there is some noticable damage on the top finish. Gorgeous top otherwide. The seller is looking for approximately 1400. What would folks here think is a reasonable offer?

Thank you

Jon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    EBMM Artisan Majesty 7 Nero
    EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Imperial Blue
    EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    EBMM Cutlass SSS Turquoise
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

Jon, is the damage repairable? Do you think the $1400 is worth it with the damage. Are there other Axis SS that are as nice going for less? Got a picture of the damage?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Jon, is the damage repairable? Do you think the $1400 is worth it with the damage. Are there other Axis SS that are as nice going for less? Got a picture of the damage?

Glenn |B)
    Here a pic of the top. No close up pics though.

EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

I think $1400 is way too high. It would have to be refinished I'm guessing.
    Click for my band

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Valentine Satin Natural #G77122 (8/26/16)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Yah that is nice, try contacting CS ans see if they'd consider repairing it and for approximately how much. Then let the seller know it's gonna cost this to repair it. Maybe they'll come down some, doubt they drop the total repair cost if it's high. Or if you can live with it and you think it's a decent price get it. Have you played it or is it far away.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, we aren't able to help with finish damage. We can help with any repairs to aid in the function and playability of the instrument though.
    "Hello! This is A.J.! How can I help you?"

If you have any questions or concerns please email me: aj@ernieball.com

PMs and messages written on my wall are not addressed as quickly as emails.

If you want to know when your instrument was completed please post in one of the serial number threads.

User Info Menu

Thank you to all of you for the replies. I'm really just looking for a quality guitar with a hardtail so I can mess with tunings without needing to worry about trem adjustments. I can live with the finish issues. I just want to be sure I don't over pay considering the condition. I'm considering starting with an offer of 1100. If it gets rejected, there's also another Axis without the damage (although not a quilt top) and a Silhouette hardtail that I'm considering. I've tossed around the idea of going with one of the upcoming PRS SE Paul's Guitar models, but I've grown so used to my EBMMs that I'd prefer to keep it in the family.

EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

I think $1,400 is too high, particularly with the damage. I see Axis models in better shape listed for less than that on a regular basis. Here's a blue hardtail for $1,200: Ernie Ball Music Man axis super sport Blue | Reverb, and an LE hardtail for not much more than this one: Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport Blueburst Limited | Reverb. I was seriously considering the LE before I bought my BFR. In the end, though, it comes down to what you think it's worth.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the input. I went with this one:

Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport Blueburst Limited Edition Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport Blueburst Limited | Reverb

EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

Nice congrats 2007 Blue Dawn Limited, great choice one of the great colors EBMM had.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Awesome pickup. I had it on my watch list and got the notification that someone had made an offer on it. Wondered if it was you.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis Super Sport Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black
    A half-dozen pawn shop beaters no one cares about

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com