Mega Primo Mammoth
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silo Special Silent Circuit Alternatves

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    All of the Area pickups are vintage strat vibe, just slightly different flavors. There is no one vintage strat sound.
    I知 leaning towards the 67 in the neck and 58 in the middle. Also considering Zexcoils. Any experience with those?

I put a push-pull pot on the tone control which gives me standard wiring (or my full humbucker version of it) or gives me just the three singles on their own.
    I値l talk with my tech about that one.

Provided you don't mind the humbucker being visually a little lower than you might set it on other guitars, it's not a problem.
    Someone else mentioned this to me. I had a tech decades ago who steered me away from it. Said it would negatively effect the tone. So I haven稚 revisited it since. I値l give it a shot. Be wonderful if it works. Thanks!
    G.A.S. = Git A Sound

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitapik View Post
    Someone else mentioned this to me. I had a tech decades ago who steered me away from it. Said it would negatively effect the tone. So I haven’t revisited it since. I’ll give it a shot. Be wonderful if it works. Thanks!
    Grab a screwdriver and see. Go do it now! Set the humbucker 5/32" (4 mm) from the open strings. If you play with a clean clean tone it'll be identical just quieter, if you play with a dirty tone it'll like turning the gain back a notch. That's all. (Whether ot not you like that is a personal, subjective question).
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.