Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: Using a Majesty for worship team in church?

User Info Menu

Using a Majesty for worship team in church?

Just curious, with all the tools built into the Majesty it theoretically would work well for the demands on the guitar for worship teams in churches. Any one here use one on their worship team?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jadaxis View Post
    Just curious, with all the tools built into the Majesty it theoretically would work well for the demands on the guitar for worship teams in churches. Any one here use one on their worship team?
    I've had no problems using any of the MusicMan guitars or Sterling line for worship... i have plans to get a Majesty myself and will happily be using it at church.

best of luck
    Enjoy the Journey - Enjoy the Process
    G27494 20th Anniversary Silhouette
    G53462 Silhouette Special
    SG31073 StingRay
    SG26540 LK100D
    SG23128 AX40D
    SG34621 VALENTINE
    SG36060 LUKE
    SG26016 AX40D
    SGXXXX AX30D

User Info Menu

I played my Artisan Majesty 7 at my father in law's funeral. I used the piezo position and played Hallelujah. The Majesty is an incredibly versatile instrument.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    EBMM Artisan Majesty 7 Nero
    EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Imperial Blue
    EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    EBMM Cutlass SSS Turquoise
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

I use my majesty at the church and it's all you need. The greatest guitar ever.
    EBMM Majesty Polar Noir
    SBMM JP170d
    Yamaha RGZ 621
    Mesa MARK V
    lots opedals

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I guess its a mental block for me. Feels like I’d be under utilizing it...like using a racecar to get groceries!��
    Along those lines, I don’t feel like I play well enough to warrant owning that guitar!

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I guess its a mental block for me. Feels like Id be under utilizing it...like using a racecar to get groceries!��
    Along those lines, I dont feel like I play well enough to warrant owning that guitar!
    If you like the versatility but not the pricetag, Sterling makes some really high quality models and - if you are anywhere near decent with a soldering iron - there are a lot of modders on this forum.

I picked up a Sterling AX3 for well shy of $300 and am in the process of modding her to be extremely versatile (to suit my many needs on my worship team)
    EBMM 1998 Axis Sport
    SBMM 2018 AX3

"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." Stephen King

User Info Menu

The name of the guitar seems like it should be a perfect fit!

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

radrock, lol...it does seem that way!

Wesman...I’ve thought about adding piezo saddles. Just haven’t felt comfortable with the amount of mods necessary.

User Info Menu

... as long as you can get past that devil �� horn on top! ��

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I guess its a mental block for me. Feels like I’d be under utilizing it...like using a racecar to get groceries!��
    Along those lines, I don’t feel like I play well enough to warrant owning that guitar!
    My playing leaves a lot to be desired, but the Majesty (and pretty much all of my Balls) inspire me to play more, so that's enough justification for me to own them. I'm 54 years old and not likely to ever have Petrucci or Lukather level skills, but I don't care. I'll just continue to indulge myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    EBMM Artisan Majesty 7 Nero
    EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Imperial Blue
    EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    EBMM Cutlass SSS Turquoise
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

can anyone point me in the direction of the majesty's wiring schematic/mod? i like the switching options but not the guitar.

User Info Menu

...Feels like Id be under utilizing it...like using a racecar to get groceries!!
    If you own a racecar you should use it to do mundane errands. It makes the errands more enjoyable.

The same logic holds true for the Majesty. It will make playing in church more enjoyable.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Maybe it's placebo but I feel like having EBMM guitars has made me a better players. At that point I had to cut the excuses and just practice and the guitar gets out of your way and lets you play. As to your question, I don't know that it'd be my first choice but those guitars can pull off just about anything if you play with the settings a little.