Music Man Modern Classics
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musicman Majesty or Majesty Monarchy

User Info Menu

I've been eyeing the Charred Silver BFR as it's gorgeous but I'm in line for an Enchanted Forest Majesty. It's a tough choice. As far as the pickups go, I'm not too concerned about the changes. If I've got to do a side by side to hear the difference, it's not a deal-breaker for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by acwild View Post
    I've been eyeing the Charred Silver BFR as it's gorgeous but I'm in line for an Enchanted Forest Majesty. It's a tough choice. As far as the pickups go, I'm not too concerned about the changes. If I've got to do a side by side to hear the difference, it's not a deal-breaker for me.
    You're literally in the position I am (was). I already had the JP7 BFR and original Majesty, so once I was informed that the Silver BFR had Sonic Ecstasy pickups, I resolved myself to picking up that now (since it's limited) and getting an Enchanted Forest with the new pickups at a later tbd date since it will be a normal production run.

Let me just say, that Charred Silver finish is done NO justice in the pictures alone - the finish is pure brilliance incarnate. I am over the moon for that guitar.
    2013 JP7 BFR Emerald Sparkle
    2014 Majesty Sapphire Blue
    2019 Majesty BFR Charred Silver

User Info Menu

I'm looking at the pictures of the Charred Silver finish from the Sweetwater page and I think it looks extremely classy! Although I'm generally not a fan of silver burst finishes, the Charred Silver looks gorgeous. Maybe it's because of the subtle black edging. Whatever the reason, it works.
    My stupid reason for not ordering it is because I'm going to be away from home for a month. If I get the Charred Silver Majesty, it'll sit around until I get home. The timing of the Enchanted Forest version is much better.
    This will be my first Majesty. I've owned the JP7 and JPXI (as well as a PDN Axis).

User Info Menu

Tengo una majestad monarquia royal red hace 6 meses la palanca del selector de pastilla es de rosca o a presion?
    Gracias!!

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grantgochnauer View Post
    This thread is super helpful! I'm currently in the market for a new guitar and have been eyeing the Majesty and Monarchy. When the 2019 models were announced (shipping in April?) I paused to wait to see how these new guitars sounded.

Does anyone have any information on the new pickup system in the 2019 models? Do we know anything how the tone will differ and potentially why the switch? If they are discontinuing the Monarchy guitars, does that imply that these new 2019 Majesty ones are the replacement?

I'm primarily a lead guitar player and focus on more metal/rock/punk (In Flames, NOFX, Andy James) so if anyone has any further guidance for my purchase, it would be greatly appreciated.

For comparison, I'd be coming from a 1997 Parker Fly Deluxe.

Thank you!!
    Hi, The new Dimarzio Dreamcatcher and Rainmaker pickups are designed to complement the body woods on the Majesty to bring out the natural warmth and timbre of the guitar. The pickups have an increased sensitivity to pick attack and an extended dynamic range resulting in pickups that are clearer and broader with a more pronounced expressive tone.
    The Monarchy Majesty came with DiMarzio Sonic Ecstasy pickups which are mid-bass heavy due to the gloss finish. The Illuminator pickups that come with the 2018 Majesty were designed to have a more even output to accommodate the matte finish on that specific model guitar. Each of these pickups was designed to allow the Majesty to achieve the most optimum output based on the tonewoods and finishes. This way, you're getting the best possible sound to your amplifier.