Ready to Roar
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exchange or refund of a multiple-time repaired brand new guitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by look_at_her View Post
    So sorry to hear that Enter , used to have 10+ MM guitars during last 10 years , have never had ANY issues no matter if I bought them new or used . Hope your problems can be solved soon
    It is heart-warming to hear good stories about these guitars. I love this JP model. But luck hasn't been with me with this one. I hope I can get it exchanged at least.

User Info Menu

So, cosmetic damage has been done by the store's luthier (if one can call him that).

What else are you having a problem with right now?

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Since you haven't reported any of the damage or goof-ups to the store manager at the time you discovered them, you're going to have a hard time proving the tech (let's face it, he's no luthier... or a decent tech for that matter) did it. In fact, if he's that incompetent he very well may deny it and what's the store manager going to do then?

I suggest getting a friend or relative who's a good communicator to go with you to talk to the store owner. If you can't articulate your case, then your friend can help. Just make your case, show the owner the damage, explain the multiple repairs, speak the truth and stick to the facts and hopefully the owner will help you. I don't think EBMM CS can be of much help since they didn't perform any repairs and they provided all the replacement parts that were needed under warranty.

Worst case, if you paid for any of this on a credit card, make your case with the credit card company and see if they can help.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    Since you haven't reported any of the damage or goof-ups to the store manager at the time you discovered them, you're going to have a hard time proving the tech (let's face it, he's no luthier... or a decent tech for that matter) did it. In fact, if he's that incompetent he very well may deny it and what's the store manager going to do then?

I suggest getting a friend or relative who's a good communicator to go with you to talk to the store owner. If you can't articulate your case, then your friend can help. Just make your case, show the owner the damage, explain the multiple repairs, speak the truth and stick to the facts and hopefully the owner will help you. I don't think EBMM CS can be of much help since they didn't perform any repairs and they provided all the replacement parts that were needed under warranty.

Worst case, if you paid for any of this on a credit card, make your case with the credit card company and see if they can help.
    Thank you for your advice. I will certainly do that. I've been in the store so many times, pretty much everyone there knows me. That could play in my favour a bit. I haven't spoken to the manager of the store though. I should have probably done this months ago, when I found that the guitar I purchased had issues. But I thought I can get a few simple warranty replacements and that would be the end of trouble. But I was wrong.

Musicman have been very good with CS providing the replacement bridge that was needed. But now with the cosmetics of the guitar in the state I described, I wouldn't want to keep this guitar. Best case scenario is that they'd replace the guitar for me, or give me a refund. I would like to know how I may maximize my chances of getting a replacement or refund. Any advice on that?

User Info Menu

Hi-

Very sorry to hear about your issues. Sounds like somewhat of a complicated issue (MM provided warranty parts, and you say the store damaged your instrument), and I'm not sure that any of us (community) are going to be able to help you out and get to the bottom of it. I don't know who the QC distributor is, but they should probably have been involved along the way.

You really need to contact Music Man support next week and ask for their advice on the matter. Anything we suggest, without knowing everything, is really just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by EnterOblivion
    Up here in Canada, EBMM isn't very popular with folks too
    Speaking as another Canadian, I don't agree with that! I see a ton of them around. (At least in Toronto.)

Good luck.

User Info Menu

Sounds like you need to address the cosmetic issues with the store. At this point, the fundamentals are irrelevant because they killed your finish.

Go after the store. If they won’t do anything, dispute charges with your CC company. If that won’t work, hire legal representation.