New Prodigy

Thread: Guess these aren't secret anymore (St. Vincent BFR content)

User Info Menu

Guess these aren't secret anymore (St. Vincent BFR content)

I came very near to ordering one of these not long ago. I like it. Just not more than the Vincent Blue with the all-rosewood neck.

Music Man BFR St. Vincent Turquoise Crush | Reverb

User Info Menu

Man, if it only had a none matching head stock, I'd be very, very broke!!1 That's a great color combination and was wondering when these were gonna be offered.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Man, if it only had a none matching head stock, I'd be very, very broke!!1 That's a great color combination and was wondering when these were gonna be offered.

Glenn |B)
    Funny, non-matching tends to be a deal-breaker for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MesaBeno View Post
    Funny, non-matching tends to be a deal-breaker for me.
    Yes it seem that most feel the same way you do. For me it's the cleaner look, but with these roasted necks to hide that beautiful head stock is a shame. but again that's just me.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Yes it seem that most feel the same way you do. For me it's the cleaner look, but with these roasted necks to hide that beautiful head stock is a shame. but again that's just me.

Glenn |B)
    Ah, gotcha...was wondering what the appeal was; if there's beautiful natural wood, why cover it up? Makes sense.

User Info Menu

If I'm being nit-picky (and even at the domestic pre-order price these were offered for, I absolutely AM going to be): I like the normal St. V inlays more than the blocks here.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by St_G View Post
    If I'm being nit-picky (and even at the domestic pre-order price these were offered for, I absolutely AM going to be): I like the normal St. V inlays more than the blocks here.
    Yah the blocks are different, but on this model to me they look pretty good. Though, my love is for the original small dots or no dots.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Yep, that is a great combination and will be officially released in April! I look forward to receiving ours.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Love that color!

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98). FS on REVERB.
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

Great color. I do miss the all rosewood neck, though.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

That color... on a Cutlass... with a roasted neck/fretboard... pretty please with a cherry on top.
    -Spike
    @blueavngr

2017 Valentine- Starry Night
    2015 JP15 Blueberry (63/300)

2019 Cutlass SSS Vintage Sunburst

"I don't sell my guitars-- they are like ex-girlfriends. You get tired with them and toss them to the side... but then, every once in a while… Damn! You really want to play with them again."

User Info Menu

Looks like it either sold or it got pulled.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

2010 Stingray 5 HS White/Tort/Rw
    2011 Stingray 4 H 3 Band EQ Vintage Sunburst/Black/Mp w/flame/birdseye figuring
    2011 Big Al 5 SSS Vintage Sunburst/Tort/Rw
    2011 Sterling 5 HS Tobacco Burst/Black/Rw
    2011 Stingray 5 Classic Natural/Black/Birdseye Mp
    2012 Bongo 5 HH Tangerine Pearl/Black
    2013 Bongo 5 HS Sky Blue/Vintage White Pearl
    2013 Stingray 5 HH Honeyburst/White/Mp
    2014 Albert Lee HH Vintage Sunburst/Tort/ALL Rw!
    2016 Stingray HH Guitar Black/Black/Rw

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Movielife View Post
    That's the same one that was on Reverb.

Glenn |B)