Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass

Thread: Axis bfr

User Info Menu

Axis bfr

I've been in the market for an EVH and came across the Axis BFR.
    EVH's have been sparce, which lead me to give this guitar some serious consideration.
    What are your thoughts? Any Axis BFR owners here?

Ball Family Reserve | Ernie Ball Music Man

User Info Menu

I've had mine for about a month now, and I absolutely love it. It's my third Axis and quickly moved into the slot as my No. 2 guitar, (nothing will replace my original Axis due to both sentimental and playability reasons). They are limited runs, so they'll cost a little more money-wise than the standard Axis, but there are also more configurations and features available in the BFR line than the standard, depending on which run you're looking at.

Axis bfr-45full-jpg Axis bfr-45neck-jpg

The two primary differences between the standard Axis and EVH are that the Axis fretboard is ever-so-slightly wider and the switch is back by the volume knob rather than toward the front horn. And, of course, you can pick up a brand new Axis for usually a good bit less than you're going to pay for an EVH.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

I had an EVH but sold it and have regretted it ever since. They feel, play, and sound awesome. And I really dig the history of the instrument. I just have to be patient until the “right” one comes along. Not an easy task when I see guitars like the Axis BFR Butterscotch. I love the ebony fretboard with the block inlays. And the color is really starting to grow on me.
    It’s really hard to resist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dino. View Post
    I had an EVH but sold it and have regretted it ever since. They feel, play, and sound awesome. And I really dig the history of the instrument. I just have to be patient until the “right” one comes along. Not an easy task when I see guitars like the Axis BFR Butterscotch. I love the ebony fretboard with the block inlays. And the color is really starting to grow on me.
    It’s really hard to resist.
    Then don't resist my friend, touch it, hold it, it can be yours if you desire.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, it's called financing if it's possible, other wise watch the for sale thread and Reverb.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I sold my green EVH and funded three other guitars, so no regrets here. Love my Axis and all my other EB's.

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17). FS
    REVERB

User Info Menu

I had a black quilt EVH. The neck was so smooth from years of playing. I loved it.

That being said, the BFRs are far superior to the EVH. Roasted necks feel that way right out of the box. Same legendary pickups. But better woods and hardware choices. Roasted necks, crazy tops and unusual wood choices were not available on an EVH.

He really should have stuck around because things have gotten better and better since then. I bet he secretly regrets it. Hahahaha.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary