Strap on your style

Thread: Knob grips

User Info Menu

Knob grips

The rubber grips on the volume/tone/piezo knobs on my 2004 JP6 are starting to break. I bough a replacement a couple of years ago from Strings & Things - the UK distributer - but it was smaller than the original & broke when trying to fit it.
    The Ernie Ball UK website has either chrome or black 'Tele style' knobs. Anyone know if they'll fit on my (now old) JP6?
    EBMM JP 7 - Pearl Redburst
    EBMM JP 6 - Mystic Dream
    EBMM SUB-1

User Info Menu

The tele style should fit just fine as they use a set screw like the JP knobs do.

Here is a quick video I did on how to install the JP grips without breaking them.

Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Cheers. I can't seem to get the grips so I'll probably fit new knobs
    EBMM JP 7 - Pearl Redburst
    EBMM JP 6 - Mystic Dream
    EBMM SUB-1

User Info Menu

If I were going to *replace* the control knobs on my JPs (or any guitar for that matter) with something non-stock I'd likely go with Hipshot o-ring knobs...
    BFR Axis Quilt Amethyst Burst 12/17/2008
    JP Majesty Arctic Dream 04/17/2014
    Stingray 4H Pacific Blue Burst 09/04/2014
    Axis Super Sport Semi Hollow w/Piezo Black Cherry Burst 09/08/2015
    Albert Lee SSS Pacific Blue Burst 09/22/2015
    JP7 Mystic Dream 01/30/2017

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjin View Post
    If I were going to *replace* the control knobs on my JPs (or any guitar for that matter) with something non-stock I'd likely go with Hipshot o-ring knobs...
    Those are pretty cool looking, I wonder hoe they feel. I'm partial to tele style knobs myself, I think it's the knurling on the outside that I like.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"