Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: Did the JP6 ever come with a G&G case?

User Info Menu

Did the JP6 ever come with a G&G case?

Hi I recently purchased an EBMM JP6! It's my first Music Man so I don't know much about it and in fact I'm waiting for someone to help me date it. But as far as I know it's a JP6 Fully Loaded in Pearl Red Burst.

So it came with a G&G case and I asked the owner if it was the original case and he told me that it was. But all the ones I've been seeing online didn't come with one besides the BFR or Limited Edition versions.

I'm just trying to figure out if it is in fact the original case.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Tough one to answer with absolute certainty but I think that only some of the limited edition came with those as you stated. Better ask EBMM directly. They should know.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Seeing your photos on Facebook, the dealer may have given the buyer the G&G case at the time of sale but that is not the case the guitar shipped in from the factory in 2008. It's a nice case, and the one EBMM shipped BFR and Limited Edition.

None of the deluxe EBMM cases had the G&G branding inside and that brass colored oval would have specified Limited Edition or Ball Family Reserve if it were an EBMM original case.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Some dealers use to sell people the guitars without the case or charge more saying the cases weren't included in the price. I had a dealer pull that one me, but luckily I knew better and called them on it.

Luckily that seems like it's changed in recent years.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"