Not electric until you plug it in

Thread: First Impressions: Luke III BFR in Black Burl

User Info Menu

First Impressions: Luke III BFR in Black Burl

My wife just gave me a fantastic 20th wedding anniversary present: a Music Man Luke III (LIII) BFR in Black Burl. This new guitar joins its predecessor, a standard LIII in gloss black (which up 'til now was the finest guitar I've played).

I literally just played the BFR for the first time, and... wow! There really IS a difference in response between the standard LIII and LIII BFR. I'm just an intermediate player at best, but I immediately noticed the increased sustain. Again, no expert - but I'm betting that's due to the mahogany tone block in the body. Also, I think the tone is somewhat better-defined...crisper, without being shrill or tinny.

The point of all this is to encourage anyone who's been thinking about an LIII BFR to go get one. You will not be disappointed!

User Info Menu

Congratulations and enjoy!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

I’m going to have to see a pic of that Burl.

User Info Menu

Congrats! What a great gift.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Wow, Tamarindo!

First off: Welcome to the Forum and to this obsession that is EBMM! If you weren't addicted with your first LIII, you are now, right?!?

Second: We have a rule around here... Pictures or it doesn't exist. SHOW US YOUR NEW BABY!

Third: You said your wife bought you a Black Burl Luke III BFR as a gift. I can see why she's still around 20 years later. Awesome wife. You're a lucky guy!

User Info Menu

Congrats - that is an awesome gift & wife!!!! We need pictures!!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Okay, I'm REALLY showing my newb status here, but I can't figure out how to post a picture. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarindo View Post
    Okay, I'm REALLY showing my newb status here, but I can't figure out how to post a picture. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.
    Hahahaha, there are a couple of way's, use the forum tool, but I believe you have to have a few posts before you can do that. Or you can do like me and host on sites lime IMBB or a few of the others, don't use Photobucket these days, it's terrible. If your hosting your pics somewhere else and want to post them, use the "Go Advanced"
    button, the interface is very easy to use. If you get stuck, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"