Thread: Armada w/Broken Neck on E-Bay

User Info Menu

Armada w/Broken Neck on E-Bay

Wow, that's a shame as I'd love to have an Armada
    in a non-black color. Could this be fixed? If so,
    would it be worth it?

Ernie Ball Music Man Armada Electric Guitar - Broken Neck | eBay

User Info Menu

That sure looks like the break started at a splice joint. I have no idea as far as the feasibility of a repair, but it seems to me they're asking way too much for it in that condition. It's a shame the guitar was damaged.
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

That's very strange. I just watched the video of the making of the armada, and it should not have a neck scarf joint of any type.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Isn't the Armada marking on the head stock raised?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Hmmm.....
    Did the Armada not come with a Music Man molded case like most of the other models?
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Too much fishiness in my opinion.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fogman View Post
    Hmmm.....
    Did the Armada not come with a Music Man molded case like most of the other models?
    Yah but they could have bought it used or something and never have gotten the EBMM case.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fogman View Post
    Too much fishiness in my opinion.
    Yeah, you guys bring up some really valid points here. I'm starting to think
    this is a FAKE. I've stumbled onto a few on my Armada quest. In fact
    I don't even remember ever seeing that color before. Might be best to steer clear.

Thanks, guys.

User Info Menu

That looks legit to me. The Armadas indeed had a joint like that for the angled headstock and nothing strikes me as odd other than the case being a BFR style and saying G&G. That could be a swap by the dealer, though. It should have been an skb style case.

The serial looks like M00363 if anyone wants to verify it. This is a correct pattern serial for the Armada and Majesty models.

It's still a bit more than I am willing to spend for a guitar with that amount of damage, though. Now for $700/800 I'd be all over it!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    It's still a bit more than I am willing to spend for a guitar with that amount of damage, though. Now for $700/800 I'd be all over it!
    Hahahahahahaha, Pete I thought the exact same thing.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Pete says it's right, and I agree. Very feasible repair too.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

What concerns me is that the finger joint separated cleanly, leaving the “fingers” completely intact as if there was very little glue in the joint to begin with. Most breaks I’ve seen are above the finger joint because it is usually stronger than the wood itself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    What concerns me is that the finger joint separated cleanly, leaving the “fingers” completely intact as if there was very little glue in the joint to begin with. Most breaks I’ve seen are above the finger joint because it is usually stronger than the wood itself.
    As odd as that is, it’s a lucky break (pun intended) for whomever decides to repair it. It is a good candidate for a repair. The color is really cool, too.

2018 Axis - BFR - Buckeye Burl
    2017 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord - Tahitian Blue
    2017 StingRay 5 - 30th Anniversary - Buttercream
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR - Pinkburst
    2013 Luke III - PDN - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky)
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless
    1996 StingRay - 20th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Looks legit to me.... and the blue cousin of my one... tempting... very tempting.
    86934 - This EVH was completed on August 29th, 1995. Trans Red.
    G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst