Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: Pickup ring on the Valentine

User Info Menu

Pickup ring on the Valentine

Hey folks,
    Iím new here. Love this guitar and I want to incorporate using my fishman triple play with it. There isnít quite enough space between the bridge pickup ring and the bridge. Does anyone know how vital the ring on this guitar is? Could I possibly sand down or eliminate the back side without adverse effects?
    Thanks for any info in advance

User Info Menu

Didn't even know what the TriplePlay was... but very cool! Came across this in my search and may be a solution, if there's enough room to mount it on the bridge instead of in front of it.:

TriplePlay Tele Installation | Fishman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Hey folks,
    I’m new here. Love this guitar and I want to incorporate using my fishman triple play with it. There isn’t quite enough space between the bridge pickup ring and the bridge. Does anyone know how vital the ring on this guitar is? Could I possibly sand down or eliminate the back side without adverse effects?
    Thanks for any info in advance
    I'd give CS a call or email and see what they say. They'd know best I would think.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

So thanks to AJ Braman (found his name and email in another thread regarding customer support), no modification was necessary He clued me in to spacers between the ring and pickup and advised trying removing them. This allowed me to keep the pickup at the same height, but lower the pickup ring flush into the body. Now I have just enough space for the fishman pickup mount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pickup ring on the Valentine-d825dd9d-aafc-4d86-94f5-2e52fb41fb3f-jpg  

User Info Menu

Wow great, AJ is awesome wicked nice guy!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"