EBMM Stingray bass green
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worth Getting a 2018 Majesty Over 2019?

User Info Menu

Thanks again everyone! I've decided to go with the Glacial Frost. Always loved white guitars with black.
    But frist, I'm going to take a trip to Guitar Center in hopes that they have one of any color I can demo. I'm inclined to just pull the trigger without even playing it based on the incredible things I've heard, but this would probably not be wise.

lifeson1: Thanks for the advice + info! While the JP16 does sound sweet for the price, I think the Majesty is just calling my name. Also, very interesting to know that the Monarchy sounds darker. I really hope I can demo both at a local guitar store so I can hear this difference.

lood: That is AWESOME that you got the purple one. One of my favorites - it looks so good from the pictures I've seen. I've grown to quite like purple in general over the years.

User Info Menu

GC is clearing out the Majesty's in Arctic Dream for $2200. The Crimson and Gold are a few hundred more. Might want to take a look before paying..

User Info Menu

Just pulled the trigger!

I really wanted the Glacial Frost bad. But I gave it a few days to think about it, and I'm pretty happy I did.

Today, Musician's Friend ran a sale on a brand new 2017 (ha, oxymoron?) Polar Noir (not my favorite color, but I don't hate it) for $1899 so I grabbed it. I REALLY wanted to spend the extra $300 on a Majestic Purple for $2199, which was also on sale. But if I don't like the Polar Noir, I have 45 days to take it back and grab the purple if it's still available.

Now I'm not sure if these deals are common, but I've been looking everywhere at Majesties (Reverb, eBay, ZZounds, American Musical, etc) over the past couple of weeks, and haven't really seen anything new for less than $2300 or so. I'm assuming one site or the other runs these deals every so often? Or do they only do it because the 2017 is 2 years old now that the 2019's are out?

Anyway, thanks for everyone's advice on this thread. I would have ended up spending an extra $1000, thinking that the 2018 was way better. But a lot of people clued me in that they all share a lot of similarities.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bane75 View Post
    GC is clearing out the Majesty's in Arctic Dream for $2200. The Crimson and Gold are a few hundred more. Might want to take a look before paying..
    Ah thank you! I totally missed your response as I didn't check the forum yesterday.

I stumbled across a sale on Musician's Friend today. They had the Polar Noir for $1900, so I grabbed that. Very happy I didn't just grab the Glacial Frost for $2900 too quickly last week, although I like the white a LOT better than the black. But for $1000 less, I'll settle.

Thanks again for the heads up

User Info Menu

Congratulations!! Out of curiosity, let me know how you found the Polar Noir finish.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    Congratulations!! Out of curiosity, let me know how you found the Polar Noir finish.
    Absolutely, will do. I’m starting to think the year may be a 2018, as the non-sale price matched up with the 2018 models. Do you know if there is a way I can check the year without a serial? Musician’s Friend does not provide the serial number on the page as some sites do. Thanks

Edit: I also asked the sales rep on chat and she could not confirm the year
    Last edited by bellaswail; 04-19-2019 at 04:59 PM.

User Info Menu

If it comes with matte black hardware it's probably built in 2017-2018. But you will soon find out once it gets there. Just post the serial number on the sticky thread and they will get back to you. Happy times!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

If it comes with matte black hardware it's probably built in 2017-2018. But you will soon find out once it gets there. Just post the serial number on the sticky thread and they will get back to you. Happy times!!
    Great, thanks! I am going back and forth in my head, considering grabbing the purple Monarchy for $2200 instead. Seems like an amazing deal, and I love the purple. Such a tough choice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellaswail View Post
    Great, thanks! I am going back and forth in my head, considering grabbing the purple Monarchy for $2200 instead. Seems like an amazing deal, and I love the purple. Such a tough choice!
    I agree. I didn't want to tell you earlier but I found the Polar Noir to be one of the most indifferent finishes I have ever seen on a JP. I had it refinished to an epic Ferrari Red. You can only appreciate it once you see it in person. In the photos it looks like a matte black finish but it really isn't. In any case, you may love it. Who knows? But I think you will eventually go for the Majestic Purple Monarch.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

I agree. I didn't want to tell you earlier but I found the Polar Noir to be one of the most indifferent finishes I have ever seen on a JP. I had it refinished to an epic Ferrari Red. You can only appreciate it once you see it in person. In the photos it looks like a matte black finish but it really isn't. In any case, you may love it. Who knows? But I think you will eventually go for the Majestic Purple Monarch.
    Great, thanks for the honesty. Definitely helps me to finalize my decision. I agree about the Polar Noir - granted I haven't seen it in person, but even in the photos I'm not crazy about it.

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the resale for the Purple one. Since Purple is a generally a more "out there" color for a guitar, I'm a little worried it would be hard to sell, should I ever decide to upgrade. Maybe I'm just overthinking it though! Do you happen to know if the purple is a popular color?

User Info Menu

To be honest, I don't think you will ever want to part ways with the purple Monarch.

However, I am under the impression that the purple Monarch was one of the most sought out Monarchs.

I honestly believe you will be blown away with the Majestic Purple. Very impressive guitar for my tastes.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

To be honest, I don't think you will ever want to part ways with the purple Monarch.

However, I am under the impression that the purple Monarch was one of the most sought out Monarchs.

I honestly believe you will be blown away with the Majestic Purple. Very impressive guitar for my tastes.
    Perfect, thanks again. May just have to go with it

User Info Menu

Let's see!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225

User Info Menu

Let's see!!
    Yep, I did! Much more excited now. Thanks again for your two cents and all the help over the past week or so

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellaswail View Post
    Yep, I did! Much more excited now. Thanks again for your two cents and all the help over the past week or so
    No problem at all!! Always a pleasure =D

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225