Strap on your style

Thread: How to make Sterling JP170d circuit quieter.

User Info Menu

How to make Sterling JP170d circuit quieter.

Hi everyone. I'm the proud owner of a sterling jp170d (7 strings) as well as a majesty polar noir. I play them through a mesa mark v. Lately I've found myself playing a lot with the sterling as it is so tight and heavy with the mesa mark IIC+ mode. The crunch lab sounds amazing.
    The only issue that I find playing my sterling is the noise when using gain. It has nothing to do with the amp or the electric circuit in my house 'cause when I play with the majesty (same amp settings), is dead silence. I know that there's an obvious reason for a $700 guitar vs a $3000+ guitar.
    But, I was wondering.... has anybody tried any upgrade to the circuit to make it more quiet? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanx.
    EBMM Majesty Polar Noir
    SBMM JP170d
    Yamaha RGZ 621
    Mesa MARK V
    lots o´pedals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elhueso View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm the proud owner of a sterling jp170d (7 strings) as well as a majesty polar noir. I play them through a mesa mark v. Lately I've found myself playing a lot with the sterling as it is so tight and heavy with the mesa mark IIC+ mode. The crunch lab sounds amazing.
    The only issue that I find playing my sterling is the noise when using gain. It has nothing to do with the amp or the electric circuit in my house 'cause when I play with the majesty (same amp settings), is dead silence. I know that there's an obvious reason for a $700 guitar vs a $3000+ guitar.
    But, I was wondering.... has anybody tried any upgrade to the circuit to make it more quiet? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Thanx.
    youre welcome here Sterling by Music Man Users/Owners Around The World Public Group | Facebook

maybe there are people who can help you there

User Info Menu

I'll check it out. Thanks!
    EBMM Majesty Polar Noir
    SBMM JP170d
    Yamaha RGZ 621
    Mesa MARK V
    lots o´pedals