Mariposa Green
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG I'm actually getting a majesty

User Info Menu

Hi, be aware the 2019 Majesty's have different pick-ups than the 2018 version. I have not heard a comparison yet to hear how similar or different they are. But, that may be something to check out before dropping the cash on a new Majesty.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

We try to recommend not buying across international borders. Some wood types are not allowed to be shipped internationally without proper certifications. Ernie Ball Music Man guitars are sent to distributors that can handle not only the legal import and export of our instruments into their country, but also handle any possible warranty issues for that specific instrument. Ernie Ball Music Man guitars are also only warrantied within the country in which they were originally distributed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    We try to recommend not buying across international borders. Some wood types are not allowed to be shipped internationally without proper certifications. Ernie Ball Music Man guitars are sent to distributors that can handle not only the legal import and export of our instruments into their country, but also handle any possible warranty issues for that specific instrument. Ernie Ball Music Man guitars are also only warrantied within the country in which they were originally distributed.
    Thanks alot Daniel; appreciate the info. I am legit wondering (I have never done this before). If I bought one in the USA and tried to take it across border into Canada via plane...could there be problems with that?

Sorry if this is a dumb question - just really trying to find one of these specific models and options in Canada seem...slim.

User Info Menu

You can (again, discouraged), but keep in mind that you'd need to ship it back to the US at your cost for any warranty work.

Another option is to email the CS guys and see if a dealer somewhere in Canada has one. They're pretty good at tracking things down.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davidmacvicar View Post
    Thanks alot Daniel; appreciate the info. I am legit wondering (I have never done this before). If I bought one in the USA and tried to take it across border into Canada via plane...could there be problems with that?

Sorry if this is a dumb question - just really trying to find one of these specific models and options in Canada seem...slim.
    I got my guitar from Axe Palace via UPS. Just make sure the guitar is insured.

The risk is if you buy from a dealer outside your country a guitar with restricted wood and with no permit (It is the seller that needs to get the permit), the guitar will be seized at the borders and you will lose both your guitar and money.

Since the majesty model have a ebony fretboard, I think it should be ok if you order one with no problem, it would be a different story if the guitar have rosewood because it is a wood protected by CITES policies.

You'd better get the info from CITES just to be sure. Canada | CITES

I just saw the purple majesty on Axe Palace has been sold.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davidmacvicar View Post

We discourage people from purchasing instruments that way, mainly for warranty reasons. You would have to check with your local airline to see if they have any issues with taking your guitar on a plane. Keep in mind they might make you check your guitar at the gate as it's too big to be considered carry-on, and if they damage it in transit, that is not under warranty.