Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: Majesty Issues

User Info Menu

Majesty Issues

Hi all. Just got a Majesty delivered yesterday. Beautiful guitar but having some issues. There is a dead spot on the G string 12th fret. That note will only ring for a few seconds. 10 fret is fine and 14th is fine. The other issue is it not staying in tune and I'm not using the tremolo. If I bend any notes I have to retune. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

User Info Menu

I'd try a new string first.

And if it is not staying in tune and your not use the trem - check to make sure the thumb screws on the back of the tuners are snug and the strings are stretched properly

Also, consider contacting customer support - they are awesome!!
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

The dead spot thing is tough. Some guitars just have a dead spot. Happens a lot actually. For tuning you will benefit greatly from using some lubricant in the nut, and a tiny bit where the strings contact the saddles. You can even put some where the posts on the bridge are. Anywhere that friction could cause binding. I prefer Big Bends Nutsauce.

User Info Menu

In my opinion it takes the majesties a while to to get in balance. I had to adjust the trusrod allmost weekly for one year on my majesty and majesty artisan. Now, they are very stable. However, the monarchy took only a few weeks to reach a stable state. What kind of majesty is yours? Anyway, don't worry. I am sure it will stabalize soon and than be a great and reliable guitar for you.

Regards, J
    JP6 PRB
    JP6 BFR TR
    JPX BFR Barolo
    JPXI BFR BX
    JP12 7 BFR CS
    JP15 BFR QM SB
    Majesty 7 Iced Crimson
    Majesty Artisan Nero
    Majesty 7 Monarchy Majestic Purple

https://www.youtube.com/user/thejonemusik/

https://www.facebook.com/jonathannadjirimusic/

User Info Menu

It's a 2019 Blue Honu, it's a beautiful guitar but I'm really concerned about the dead spot, it's actually the 12th and 13th fret that doesn't sustain long at all. And the G string tuned perfectly open is really flat when played on the first several frets but back in tune up the neck. That puzzles me.

User Info Menu

Contact the customer service.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Of course it goes without saying that this guitar doesn't exist until we see pics.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    EBMM Artisan Majesty 7 Nero
    EBMM Majesty 6 Arctic Dream
    EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 Imperial Blue
    EBMM JP6 BFR Solar Burst
    EBMM JP16 6
    EBMM Cutlass SSS Turquoise
    Taylor 414CE
    Mesa Boogie JP2C

User Info Menu

From my experience of owning 8 guitars none have had a dead spot. I've had some nut issues (on the JPXI no less) but not what you are describing. For a Majesty this shouldn't be "normal" and I'd get in touch with tech support and see what's up! On my Majesty the tuning and action is rock solid. I've only made one small truss rod adjustment after tuning down to Eb when I received it (turned one spacing of the holes, is that 1/6 of a turn?). The neck is straight as an arrow (although it has another major issue, which I'd like to get your guys' opinion on in another post). No other guitar plays like the Majesty, it is truly amazing.
    Last edited by Mace13; 04-30-2019 at 04:36 AM.

User Info Menu

I have send customer service two emails and have not heard back. I really hope to get this figured out so I don't have to send it back. Really a beautiful guitar.

First thing I tried was changing strings. I'll try neck adjustments tonight. Majesty Issues-mm11246xx_1-jpeg

User Info Menu

Give them a phone call.