BFR June

Thread: Silhouette pickguard and trem

User Info Menu

Silhouette pickguard and trem

Hi!

any idea where can I get a HSS pickguard (loaded or not) for my Silo? can I purchase at EBMM?
    also, does the tremolo of the majesty or JP series fit my silhouette?

thanks

User Info Menu

You should be able to contact EBMM Customer service, I believe you can buy a loaded pick guard assembly from them. As for the term, I don't believe it will fit. But when you contact them ask them, they'll know.

I've noticed the new modern trem as well and and wondered if it was backward compatible.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

If you mean the Silhouette (and not the Silhouette Special) it is unlikely EBMM can help you as it has been so long since they offered that option on a Silhouette. But Chandlers/pickguard heaven is where most people get their aftermarket pickguards.

No current production JP trem, or the modern trem on the Cutlass/Stingray/Valentine/StV, will fit a vintage EBMM trem. The first design JP trem might, but that's a wild guess. Oddly, I don't recall anyone ever doing it.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    You should be able to contact EBMM Customer service, I believe you can buy a loaded pick guard assembly from them. As for the term, I don't believe it will fit. But when you contact them ask them, they'll know.

I've noticed the new modern trem as well and and wondered if it was backward compatible.

Glenn |B)
    thanks will email them

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    If you mean the Silhouette (and not the Silhouette Special) it is unlikely EBMM can help you as it has been so long since they offered that option on a Silhouette. But Chandlers/pickguard heaven is where most people get their aftermarket pickguards.

No current production JP trem, or the modern trem on the Cutlass/Stingray/Valentine/StV, will fit a vintage EBMM trem. The first design JP trem might, but that's a wild guess. Oddly, I don't recall anyone ever doing it.
    yup the silhouette, oh, they have not offered that option anymore? will check out chandlers..are they the only aftermarket pickguard available for EBMM?
    thanks for the reply

User Info Menu

You can find Chandler here, I got a Silo Special guard and it fit perfectly.

Pickguard Planet (https://www.pickguardplanet.com)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluc View Post
    You can find Chandler here, I got a Silo Special guard and it fit perfectly.

Pickguard Planet (https://www.pickguardplanet.com)
    thanks

User Info Menu

I recently got a Silo pickguard from Chandler. Don’t expect stellar customer service but you will get the guard and it will be good quality.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    I recently got a Silo pickguard from Chandler. Don’t expect stellar customer service but you will get the guard and it will be good quality.
    will look unto that..hope they ship to the Philippines

User Info Menu

They should do - they shipped out to me in the UK
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise (For Sale - see Sales thread)
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green