Not electric until you plug it in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Morse case for an Axis?

User Info Menu

Steve Morse case for an Axis?

Hi, I'm new here. After many months of waiting, my dream guitar, a Balboa blue flame Axis, has finally arrived. I am incredibly happy with it and will never let it go.

However, on my receipt from the store, it says it came with a Steve Morse model case. It's definitely not molded for an Axis. It still seems to fit fine, but I'm wondering if EBMM shipping them in those cases is the norm.

Anybody know?

User Info Menu

Did you get it new or used?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Brand new. Shipped directly from the factory in that case.

User Info Menu

What does the badge on the case say?
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

I'm not home to check, but I remember it saying Axis and also a sticker saying Steve Morse. At the time, I remember thinking it was just a mistake with the sticker, but when I was emailed the invoice today, it said Morse case clear as day.

I'll try to post pictures tonight.

User Info Menu

If it was new it should have an Axis case and not a Steve Morse case. The store could have just screwed up their paper work as well.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Ugh. This is so frustrating. I guess I'll be contacting them. I'm glad my guitar wasn't damaged during shipping due to it.

User Info Menu

Bummer, where'd you get it from?

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Guitar Center. Never going back. They could not have been more apathetic about taking my money. Terrible customer service. And now this.

How does this even happen? How does one model guitar ship with another model's case? They're even two separate line items on the invoice.

Thanks for listening to the new guy rant. Haha. At least I finally have my Axis after a long 7 month wait. It has exceeded all my expectations. It's a special guitar that I've really bonded with.

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new guitar!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diz View Post
    Guitar Center. Never going back. They could not have been more apathetic about taking my money. Terrible customer service. And now this.

How does this even happen? How does one model guitar ship with another model's case? They're even two separate line items on the invoice.

Thanks for listening to the new guy rant. Haha. At least I finally have my Axis after a long 7 month wait. It has exceeded all my expectations. It's a special guitar that I've really bonded with.
    Never heard of an EBMM being shipped in the wrong case, I'm sure things happen. But GC use to play the shell game and charge extra for the cases even though they come with the guitars. They tried that with me once, but I knew better and called them on it. If you want the Axis case, I'd say talk to them and if you don't get anywhere contact corporate. The way you feel right now only can hurt business. Just my thoughts.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

The good news is that if it has a red Axis badge, then it's the right case and GC simply screwed up the sticker and invoice. Post a quick picture and I (we) can tell you if it's the right case.
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

Fwiw, the guitars aren't supposed to be snug in the cases. They float a bit, which helps prevent stress cracks at the neck.

I have a bunch of cases from different models ... when I use them I just grab whichever is handy. I'd be hard pressed to tell you which case came with which guitar. (And most of them are suitable for multiple models anyway.)

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diz View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. After many months of waiting, my dream guitar, a Balboa blue flame Axis, has finally arrived. I am incredibly happy with it and will never let it go.

However, on my receipt from the store, it says it came with a Steve Morse model case. It's definitely not molded for an Axis. It still seems to fit fine, but I'm wondering if EBMM shipping them in those cases is the norm.

Anybody know?
    Hi J-Diz,
    We have a standard case that we ship the Axis, Steve Morse, Albert Lee, and Luke guitars in. Your case should just say Ernie Ball Music Man. If you feel like there is an issue shoot us an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com

User Info Menu

I’m assuming it’s also the same case for the Axis Super Sport? Just bought a BFR ASS and the case it came with is quite large for it.