EBMM Stingray bass blue
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help choosing pedals needed

User Info Menu

So Kev ... what'd ya get?

User Info Menu

The SP is awesome but I'm also a mark for Xotic effects (have the BB and wah too). The only issue with it is if you're a heavy tweaker the switches being inside can be annoying. If you're a set it and forget it guy and just need some minor tweaking with the knobs you're golden.

User Info Menu

So far, I got an emptier wallet than I had anticipated. Decision is to buy an Xotic SP compressor. The Strymon Flint is a definite want buy but even used they are pricey. There are more cost effective options.

I have however, in true DrKev style, spent a ridiculous amount of time getting a not-far-off-uni-vibe sound from the modulation section of the TC Sub'n'up octaver. I can post screen shots of the tone print editor if anyone wants it. For now, I'll get by with that until TC or MXR do a mini version of their Uni-Vibe pedals. Love Pedal Pickle Vibe being considered too.
    Last edited by DrKev; 05-28-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

Compressor.
    Origin Effects - either the Slide Rig or Cali ....... game over :-) You'll be sounding like Lowell George lol

I have the large footprint sliderig - and they now produce a smaller footprint version.
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Many years ago I had an original Bob Sweet Mojo Vibe handmade by Bob signed and numbered.I sold it just after Bob died of cancer in 2008 to a lad in Edinburgh A few years passed and I took a hankering for that Vibe sound again.After checking out what was available I bought a DryBell Vibe Machine mk1 it's absolutely outrageously good.Much smaller footprint than the Mojo Vibe but IMHO a better Univibe sound.
    Last edited by Pops; 06-05-2019 at 07:45 AM. Reason: more info

User Info Menu

Thank you, Pops!
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.