Axis Capo

Thread: Info from Joel

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Info from Joel

Just read this, this is great!!!

Serial Numbers : What is the production date of my guitar?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

hmmm... not sure what I'm looking for....??
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    hmmm... not sure what I'm looking for....??
    Serial number thread is deprecated due to the launch of Serial Number Finder

User Info Menu

""We've reached the end of an era and now have the serial number finder accessible on our website!

Serial Number Finder | Ernie Ball Music Man

We will no longer be able to respond to this thread on a regular basis. Please use the serial number finder to look up any Ernie Ball Music Man instruments. Feel free to e-mail musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com with any questions.""

Ah so... the link took me to a page in the middle of the thread... had to skip to the last page to find this.
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Hmm. I put in the sn of my Tahitian blue Morse and the date it returns doesn’t match what Joel provided. The finder returns November 30th -0001. Date per Joel is 2/7/17 which makes sense based on when they were announced.

Here’s the output from the finder:

Serial # G79179
    Manufactured November 30th, -0001
    Build Code 901-TQ-R2-16-CS-CR
    Model Steve Morse Y2D Hardtail
    Color Tahitian Blue Quilt
    Neck Roasted Rosewood Stev
    Pickguard Clear Pickguard Purple P
    Hardware Chrome Hardware
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

I'm sure there will be bugs that have to be worked out, no piece of software works correctly 100% upon deployment.

Nice to be able to check without having to wait though.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I'll update the S/N thread so it's at the beginning. But yeah, I assume there will be a bug or three to work out. Good stuff.