Axis Capo

Thread: NGD: The Valentine has arrived

User Info Menu

NGD: The Valentine has arrived

The nice UPS man brought me my Valentine today.

Ok pics first.

The headstock’s figuring is absurd. So beautiful.

So I’m no stranger to buying gear; I’ve bought more guitars than I can remember at this point and it’s pretty rare that I instantly click with an instrument. But this one, wow, it just immediately felt right.

Tone wise - as many have noted - the single coil sounds are something else. The bridge is amazingly aggressive yet easy to tame and the neck split is delicious ��

The neck as a bucker is pretty damn deep and rich. Pretty surprising actually. Looking forward to playing around with it in a high gain situation.

So far I’ve only been able to spend about an hour with this guitar through my Deluxe Reverb. Hopefully I’ll be able to put it through the Friedman and Mesa soon.

All in all I’m beyond impressed and happy. It’s an intuitive guitar but also incredibly fun & versatile.

If you’re on the fence buy one ��

User Info Menu

Congrats!! They are fantastic guitars, for certain - the pickups offer SO much versatility.

I like that color more in your picture than in the promo photos I'd seen up to now. I concur with your bottom line. Enjoy!
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    Congrats!! They are fantastic guitars, for certain - the pickups offer SO much versatility.

I like that color more in your picture than in the promo photos I'd seen up to now. I concur with your bottom line. Enjoy!
    Ya the red is definitely more vibrant in person than in photos. It’s a not a flat red at all... has a 2% hint of sparkle going on.

Might have to tort this one

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

Phatty, Wow , congrats!!!! Looks awesome!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Looks very tasty!

User Info Menu

Congratulations!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

Congrats—beautiful guitar.
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

Nice! Congrats.

User Info Menu

Very nice!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

NGD: The Valentine has arrived

I have the same guitar in Toluca Lake Blue ... and of my 15 or so electrics, it is probably my - desert island - guitar. The one I would choose if forced to keep only one.

One hint ... if you do not like the degree to which the 20db boost increases volume, it can be adjusted inside the back plate. I lowered mine a bit, and for me, it is more usable.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Brian
    Jacksonville, Florida
    --

2004 Blue Pearl - Albert Lee SSS/hardtail
    2011 Metallic Blue - Albert Lee HH/trem
    2011 El Dorado Gold - Albert Lee HH/trem
    2014 Trans Walnut - Albert Lee HH/hardtail
    2018 Toluca Lake Blue - James Valentine/trem
    (and various Strats, Teles, etc.)

User Info Menu

Congrats beautiful! I love my Valentine too a discover something new it can do daily!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Twang Banger View Post
    I have the same guitar in Toluca Lake Blue ... and of my 15 or so electrics, it is probably my - desert island - guitar. The one I would choose if forced to keep only one.

One hint ... if you do not like the degree to which the 20db boost increases volume, it can be adjusted inside the back plate. I lowered mine a bit, and for me, it is more usable.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oh thanks! I totally read that somewhere and immediately forgot. I actually like it where it is but I’ll definitely play around with it now that you brought it up

User Info Menu

I found if I'm playing clean to overdriven, the boost increases my volume. A little boost goes a long way here.

If I'm playing very distorted to high gain, the boost increases the amount of distortion/saturation (without affecting the volume as much). 20db here goes from crazy to freakin' insane!

Two different used for the boost depending on your tone.

User Info Menu

Simply Beyond Amazing !!!!!!!