Ultra Burly

Thread: NGD: sterling cutlass with axis ss neck, hear the story....

User Info Menu

Wink NGD: sterling cutlass with axis ss neck, hear the story....

So I got a sterling cutlass, took it to my friend Cody's house. He has a MM axis ss on it's stand by his amp and his gf comes barging in like a maniac accuses him of some stuff not my concern. All the sudden she grabs the Axis ss and proceeds to smash it and then she storms out not knowing what to do I leave. a day later I see Cody again and he has the neck from the Axis SS and he gives it to me and says to put it on the cutlass. I bring it to my house and get the idea to make a Green Day guitar so I take the cutlass to my other friend Nick to see what he can do and a couple of days later I get this.NGD: sterling cutlass with axis ss neck, hear the story....-img_0659-jpgNGD: sterling cutlass with axis ss neck, hear the story....-img_0660-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NGD: sterling cutlass with axis ss neck, hear the story....-img_0658-jpg  
    Three chords and two minutes is all I need.

User Info Menu

That’s ace - and a good story. Hope your pal has replaced his girlfriend with a more amenable one. Such activity is a red card offence! (My ex wife threatened one my guitars with a hammer... notice I said ex-wife )
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise (SOLD)
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

That’s so not funny, but you got an awesome neck, guitar, and story out of it. My now wife once made a comment about selling/damaging my guitars when she was upset about something. It took her longer to say it than it took me to load my guitars and dog in the car and roll. We have not had that problem again. Boundaries.
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

What a girlfriend, real treasure...

Other than that, pretty awesome guitar, congratulations!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

DAMN :O, I feel for your buddy, that bites!!

Congrats on the neck score, how does it feel/play on the Sterling?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

A great guitar always needs a story. I'm sorry for your buddy, but you got an amazing neck out of the situation.

I'm a big fan of mix 'n' match guitars. Quite often with experimentation I find the woods just work great together and I get an amazing player.

However ... I'll be quick to add that I have actually kept all of my MM guitars intact. They feel perfect for me the way they are.

User Info Menu

I sounds and plays amazing the neck is like warm butter lol
    Three chords and two minutes is all I need.

User Info Menu

Wow nice that you have the neck, sucks how you got it, she would be long gone if it was my house.

Cool guitar though

User Info Menu

Generation after generation, when will dudes finally understand the phrase "guits before chicks"? Seriously, when was the last time your guitar got upset that you brought home another one? Have 1, have 5, have 44, they will each patiently wait for their turn. And over their lifetime they will cost waaayyyyy less than a girlfriend. When a guitar gets a few imperfections, it's just mojo. When a girl starts accumulating issues, well.... I'll just stop there...

Congrats on that beauty of a neck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    Generation after generation, when will dudes finally understand the phrase "guits before chicks"? Seriously, when was the last time your guitar got upset that you brought home another one? Have 1, have 5, have 44, they will each patiently wait for their turn. And over their lifetime they will cost waaayyyyy less than a girlfriend. When a guitar gets a few imperfections, it's just mojo. When a girl starts accumulating issues, well.... I'll just stop there...

Congrats on that beauty of a neck!

That’s made my morning. How do we keep forgetting this? It’s not rocket appliances...
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise (SOLD)
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperJ View Post
    That’s made my morning. How do we keep forgetting this? It’s not rocket appliances...

User Info Menu

Hank Marvin is quoted as saying in an interview " My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells all my guitars for what I've told her I bought them for".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    Hank Marvin is quoted as saying in an interview " My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells all my guitars for what I've told her I bought them for".
    That is hilarious.... and very true!!!