Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass

Thread: Ryan Bruce's Baritone Axis SuperSport

User Info Menu

Ryan Bruce's Baritone Axis SuperSport

I've seen a couple pictures of this guitar in the last few days and its exactly the kind of high quality USA-made baritone that doesn't exist on the market currently and that I have been trying to find for ages. Inevitably when something like this shows up its a one-off for an artist which is frustrating because the only options for regular folks tend to be exclusively lower end imports. What would it take for this to come to market in a way where I can buy one? Would a dealer need to be willing to preorder a substantial number to get the interest of folks at the company? It seems to me that there is a market for baritone 6 strings at the market from folks who tune down but aren't interested in a 7/8/9 string guitar. I've read that interest in the JP Baritone wasn't strong but it was also a top tier BFR at a high price point. Something like what is shown in this video would be much likelier to sell IMO. Thoughts anyone?

User Info Menu

Cool baritone Axis!

So, Tim is pictured with an orange crush Stingray in that video - that too is interesting!
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

That orange Stingray looks SWEET!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jlbasscatcher View Post
    That orange Stingray looks SWEET!
    Oh yah that's the AL Orange Crush package on a Stingray, that is pretty cool!!!

Thanx for sharing the video I had seen it a picture/post on FailBook and thought it was the JP Baritone.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I love it! That makes me want to bust out my Silo Bass later today.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    I love it! That makes me want to bust out my Silo Bass later today.
    I had a Silhouette bari a bunch of years ago before baritones became my main instruments and it was a beast. A bit too long scale for what I do now but that was such a well-made and comfortable instrument because of the design that made it no longer than a regular guitar. So many baris and anything based on the usual 28 5/8" conversion necks have necks so long that its uncomfortable to play because the bridge stays in the same place. The Axis seems like a perfect design for 27" scale because of the body design and bridge placement. Keeps the whole instrument manageable.

User Info Menu

So, today Ryanís IG feed had what appears to be a spalted top Valentine.

Spalted Valentine
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    So, today Ryan’s IG feed had what appears to be a spalted top Valentine.

Spalted Valentine
    Looks like burl maple with Fishman pickups.
    If that guitar was available with the black hardware and stock pickups, also black, I’d buy one today.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    So, today Ryan’s IG feed had what appears to be a spalted top Valentine.

Spalted Valentine
    That guitar is unreal!

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98). FS on REVERB.
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

I like burl & I like spalt, but sadly I don't own any of those tops yet... Very cool Valentine!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, we have no immediate plans to manufacture an Axis baritone guitar for regular production. However, keep an eye on our social media channels for any new products and updates.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Unfortunately, we have no immediate plans to manufacture an Axis baritone guitar for regular production. However, keep an eye on our social media channels for any new products and updates.
    Bring out that burl Valentine with all black hardware. Pretty please with sugar on top.

User Info Menu

AND a Valentine!

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

User Info Menu

That Axis is more like an Axis Sport: no binding, a little more rounder edges. They should make this a production model in standard scale. Would sell like crazy I guess..
    2001 Axis Sport HH hardtail maple fretboard burnt apple
    2001 Axis SuperSport HH hardtail maple fretboard translucent gold
    1997 Axis Sport HSS hardtail maple fretboard translucent red
    2001 Silo Special HSS hardtail maple fretboard BlueDawn ** for sale **
    2002 AL MM90 hardtail maple fretboard honeyburst converted to AL 2H