Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass

Thread: question

User Info Menu

question

Hello,

I am seeing online theres an axis for sale and it has piezo. could I still swap the two humbuckers that are in there for a liquifire/gravity storm without it affecting piezo?

User Info Menu

Shouldn’t be a problem
    Albert Lee HH - White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Ivory White
    Cutlass RS SSS - Vintage Turquoise (SOLD)
    St Vincent - BFR Trans Gold
    Valentine (Trem) - Toluca Lake Blue
    American Vintage 59 Strat - Sherwood Green

User Info Menu

The piezo crystals are built into the saddles, like TrapperJ said, shouldn't be a problem.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Go for the new pickups!! Should you wish for a definitive answer contact EBMM customer service. They'll verify this.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237

User Info Menu

The wiring part of it is pretty straight-forward, so yes.

The Axis pickups direct mount to the body, so they're set at a particular height. Not sure what height the replacements will end up being.

User Info Menu

The Liquifire is a great pickup. I have that and the Crunchlab combo in a couple of guitars and really really love it. Remember with mounted pickups you can adjust them if you aren't liking the output or tone. Just need a little foam underneath them. Works pretty great.

User Info Menu

thank you all! I cant wait till they come in and I install them. as for as the guitar, I didn't get it, gonna stick to my sterling for a couple more months

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cvballa008 View Post
    Hello,

I am seeing online theres an axis for sale and it has piezo. could I still swap the two humbuckers that are in there for a liquifire/gravity storm without it affecting piezo?
    Hi there,
    I don't usually comment on aftermarket modifications, but if you shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com I can provide the wiring diagram. The preamp on that guitar is active, but the pickups are passive, so if you stay with Dimarzio four-conductor pickups they should wire up the same way. Keep in mind that the pickups in that guitar are mounted directly to the body of the guitar, so you may have to do some modification to get the new pickups to mount properly. Let me know if you have any other questions.