Strap on your style

Thread: Luke 2008 bfr differences from my 2016 bfr hh

User Info Menu

Luke 2008 bfr differences from my 2016 bfr hh

Besides pickups and roasted neck are the 2008 and 2016 bfr lukes the same?
    GUITARS
    Blueberry Luke III HH BFR
    Bahama Luke 2 BFR

User Info Menu

Not an expert but I believe the answer is no. Two different guitars, the Luke II BFR has the EMG and a smaller body as the BFR HH has the transition pups and a larger body. I think the neck profiles are the same or very close.

My Luke II is a BFR Koa so that would be different from the maple topped ones as well. Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Thanks was wondering about the body size and whether it has the mahogany tone block set up?
    GUITARS
    Bahama Luke 2 BFR

User Info Menu

Well guess I will know soon enough bought a 2008 bahama burst luke. Just have to wait a few days on the ups man.
    GUITARS
    Bahama Luke 2 BFR

User Info Menu

The '08 Bahama Blue will definitely have the mahogany tone block.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

The new Luke III has some pretty significant changes, including a more stable roasted neck. The pickups went from EMG active pickups to Dimarzio passive pickups with an active preamp and a 15db boost. The active preamp in the newer Luke is also used to balance the volume between the single coil pickups and the humbucker giving the guitar a more balanced tone. The body of the guitar was increased in size a small amount. If you have any questions shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com