Jason Richardson Seven String Cutlass
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Potential NGD (Luke neck profile question)

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Potential NGD (Luke neck profile question)

    Hey, sorry if this has been covered already, but I have a chance to buy a Luke 2 (HSS). I don't know the year. What I am wondering is what the neck profile is like. Are the Luke's chunkier or thinner than the Luke 1 and L3? Any input is appreciated.
    Last edited by vuduhwy; 06-19-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Very similar. Officially they are all identical, there has been no change in neck shape or dimensions.
    Of course, numerous mulitple-Luke owners will swear that one modle is slightly larger, or slightly smaller, than another and we basically assume that it's due to the differences in hand finishing.
    Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

    Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

    Required reading - Forum Decorum

    Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service


    An Irishman in Paris, guitar teacher and tech, folder of underpants, stubber of toes.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    I was kind of thinking it was like that. I have several Morse models and they all feel slightly different , so that makes sense.
    Probably what I should be asking is if anyone here has a Morse and a Luke 2 and how they they the two neck shapes/sizes compare.

    I'm just about to buy this Luke online, but I've never played one and everything about the specs lights me up. I would, however, be disappointed if the neck were thinner that the Morse as that is already pushing things in terms of comfort for my gorilla-like mits.


    Quote Originally Posted by DrKev View Post
    Very similar. Officially they are all identical, there has been no change in neck shape or dimensions.
    Of course, numerous mulitple-Luke owners will swear that one modle is slightly larger, or slightly smaller, than another and we basically assume that it's due to the differences in hand finishing.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Neck pocket is narrower on the luke. I feel the luke you either love it or dont like it. It is definitely a smaller neck but feels super fast. If you ever feel like the morse is a bit small the luke probably not what you want but you never know? I love it and really don't like playing anything else.
    GUITARS
    Blueberry Luke III HH BFR
    Bahama Luke 2 BFR
    Shadow gold luke III BFR

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by vexed73 View Post
    Neck pocket is narrower on the luke. I feel the luke you either love it or dont like it. It is definitely a smaller neck but feels super fast. If you ever feel like the morse is a bit small the luke probably not what you want but you never know? I love it and really don't like playing anything else.
    Thank you. I probably better just stick with the morse and learn to be satisfied.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Really should try one out though! Probably could flip it if good enough deal.
    GUITARS
    Blueberry Luke III HH BFR
    Bahama Luke 2 BFR
    Shadow gold luke III BFR

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    I have a Morse Y2D and Luke II, both good, neckwise Luke more of a V-profile than Morse but both necks are nicely narrow. Anyway, as mentioned, best to try out. Actually Axis is even less V-profile than Morse but same narrow neck.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I have a Morse Y2D and Luke II, both good, neckwise Luke more of a V-profile than Morse but both necks are nicely narrow. Anyway, as mentioned, best to try out. Actually Axis is even less V-profile than Morse but same narrow neck.
    Thanks for the reply! I'm mostly curious about the thickness, front to back, between the 2. When you say narrow, do you mean the side to side width, as in the nut width?
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Yes the fretboard width, I think Morse is the widest actually, but these are no Les Pauls...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums