Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: SBMM JP150 Mod Questions and request for opinions

User Info Menu

SBMM JP150 Mod Questions and request for opinions

Greetings all,

I have purchased a Sterling by Music Man JP150. This is my first Sterling/Music Man purchase and I'm just blown away by the quality and playability. That being said, I'm also a bit of a tinkerer and can't leave well enough alone a lot of the time.

My thinking was that a set of Illuminators in this thing would make it sound that much better and get me closer to the JP15. I also though it would be cool to coil-split this thing for some spanky tones and giving me more tonal options.

What say ye?

--------------------------------------------------------

OK, now question time.

1) Can I coil-split with the Illuminators?
    2) Can I coil-split with the existing JP150 hardware or will I need a different pot?
    3) Would coil-split have to be wired to volume pot or can the tone pot be used? ( I REALLY like the fast action of the current pots, so I would hate to lose that...at least in the volume knob)
    4) Is the JP150 setup for regular spaced or F-spaced pickups in the bridge?

I know that's a lot, but I figured this would be the best place to get the info I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jackflack View Post
    Greetings all,

I have purchased a Sterling by Music Man JP150. This is my first Sterling/Music Man purchase and I'm just blown away by the quality and playability. That being said, I'm also a bit of a tinkerer and can't leave well enough alone a lot of the time.

My thinking was that a set of Illuminators in this thing would make it sound that much better and get me closer to the JP15. I also though it would be cool to coil-split this thing for some spanky tones and giving me more tonal options.

What say ye?

--------------------------------------------------------

OK, now question time.

1) Can I coil-split with the Illuminators?
    2) Can I coil-split with the existing JP150 hardware or will I need a different pot?
    3) Would coil-split have to be wired to volume pot or can the tone pot be used? ( I REALLY like the fast action of the current pots, so I would hate to lose that...at least in the volume knob)
    4) Is the JP150 setup for regular spaced or F-spaced pickups in the bridge?

I know that's a lot, but I figured this would be the best place to get the info I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.
    Welcome aboard!

1) Yes, you can coil split with the Illuminators
    2) You will need to use a push/pull or push/push pot to control when the Illuminators are split. If you don't want to use the active boost then you can rewire the existing volume push/push pot to split the Illuminators
    3) You can wire a coil split to any push/pull or push/push pot located in any location.
    4) F spaced pickups in the bridge, regular spacing in the neck

Good luck!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band