Strap on your style

Thread: What is this stray wire?

User Info Menu

What is this stray wire?

This unshielded stray wire (the red arrow is pointing at it) is in the cavity of my super sport. It is attached to a lug. The lug has 2 other wires, one going straight into the body of the guitar and the other going to the volume pot.

thanks
    n
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is this stray wire?-img_20190628_215011-jpg  

User Info Menu

Ground wire. The end should go in one of the screw holes so it makes contact with the metal backplate.

User Info Menu

In which screw holes? And is the metal backplate the copper plate underneath the pots? and thanks.

n
    Last edited by nickfox; 06-28-2019 at 03:11 PM.

User Info Menu

The screw hole in the back of the body for the cavity cover. I'll take a pic of mine when I get home.

User Info Menu

ok, I understand now. Thank you very much!

n

User Info Menu

Here you go.

User Info Menu

Mine is not necessarily in the hole, but just on the 'ledge' and held in place by the metal cover. Just to make contact. But, with no threaded insert, just the wood hole, that'd work too.
    2016 Axis Super Sport Trans Gold w/ Maple Neck
    1997 Axis Sport HSS Kandy Lime w/ Maple Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by loocnmad View Post
    Here you go.

What are the copper-colored clips with capacitor and resistor attached? Are those stock in that guitar? (Thinking that's an Axis SS?) Thanks!
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    What are the copper-colored clips with capacitor and resistor attached? Are those stock in that guitar? (Thinking that's an Axis SS?) Thanks!
    Removable treble bleed, definitely not stock. I was trying out a bunch of different values to find what I liked and it was easier to use the clips than soldering each one to the pot. Don't remember what values I eventually wound up with.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by loocnmad View Post
    Here you go.

Thank you very much.