The Vault

Thread: St. Vincent bridge pickup adjustment?

User Info Menu

St. Vincent bridge pickup adjustment?

I recently picked up a St. Vincent, the standard model with three mini-hums. The bridge pickup is farther from the strings than others I've played (double checked @GC yesterday), which results in that pickup being too weak to compete with the other two. I lowered the neck and middle pickups to match outputs, but they are close to flush with the pickguard and don't sound quite as good.

Is there some way of adjusting the height of the bridge pickup? I haven't taken anything apart yet, perhaps there is an obvious adjustment I am missing.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Hi there,
    Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your St Vincent. Shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com and I'll help you out.

User Info Menu

Hi, I just put some money down on a HHH St. Vincent at GC and I noticed a similar issue. The bridge pickup output is very low. Were you able to solve this or did customer service come up with a solution?

User Info Menu

Aren't there screws on either side of the bridge pickup? Those usually would have springs under them, which allow you to loosen them and raise the bridge pickup.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck