Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: This is interesting!!!

User Info Menu

Thumbs up This is interesting!!!

Saw this on Reverb, and thought it was very interesting and would love to know the story behind it.

2018 Music Man Albert Lee EMG Loaded Prototype Vintage | Reverb

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

is there a serial number?
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Yup G45885, this is what comes up in the database search.

Serial # G45885
    Manufactured November 30th, -0001
    Build Code 925-71-20-02-CS-CR
    Model Albert Lee SSS Tremolo
    Color Vintage Sunburst
    Hardware Chrome Hardware

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

It's got the old logo as well and not the new bear logo.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

My guess is that by "prototype", they mean "modded".....
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Well, the write up says they are Artist Relations guitars, so they may have non-standard offerings, which is why there are EMGs. We'll have to wait and see what EBMM says. They have some other NICE ones.

Ernie Ball Music Man in Watchtower Guitars | Reverb

And, I just realized they are located 10 minutes from where I live. With a blue dawn St Vincent. Crap.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Well, the write up says they are Artist Relations guitars, so they may have non-standard offerings, which is why there are EMGs. We'll have to wait and see what EBMM says. They have some other NICE ones.

Ernie Ball Music Man in Watchtower Guitars | Reverb

And, I just realized they are located 10 minutes from where I live. With a blue dawn St Vincent. Crap.
    Bad for you man. Yah I find it funny though that EBMM would let an AL out the door without a Albert Lee silkscreened logo. I looked at the other ones as well, but they are all standard offerings.

Nice St Vincent, kind of plain neck for some, I like it, I don't mind plain myself.

Glenn |B)