Ready to Roar

Thread: Music Man Stingray RS - missing tremolo bar

User Info Menu

Music Man Stingray RS - missing tremolo bar

I purchased a music man stingray RS on July 3rd, but I am missing the trem bar.

Could somebody point me to one I can buy online that will work right? I don't even know if it's supposed to be a threaded one, a fender one, a pop in one, or what size threads.

I knows nothin' at all.

Help?!??!

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Did you get it new or used? Where are you located?

Most of the EBMM ones are pop in, but there is a set screw to set the tension and to hold it.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I bought it new at Guitar Center. They lost the case (my guess is they sold it to somebody). So there's no whammy bar. I love the guitar... I would like to use the tremolo.

I've mailed EB but there's no response so far.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MIckey_C View Post
    I bought it new at Guitar Center. They lost the case (my guess is they sold it to somebody). So there's no whammy bar. I love the guitar... I would like to use the tremolo.

I've mailed EB but there's no response so far.
    If you got it new from GC, then GC should be getting you the trem arm. CS will get to you, just give them some time. Did they take the price of the case off of the guitar?

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

That's Guitar center for you. I hope they ordered you a case or knocked a nice chunk off the price. Those cases are solid and not cheap. I won't put my EBMM guitars in anything else.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck