Ultra Burly

Thread: Morse with Bare Knuckle Mishas?

User Info Menu

Morse with Bare Knuckle Mishas?

Has anybody tried this combo? Iíve had both Morse Dimarzioís go microphonic on me. Thinking of getting rid of Dimarzioís altogether.

User Info Menu

Haven't tried those pickups, but I have a Duncan Screamin' Demon in the bridge (it's splits into a nearly convincing single coil sound) and a Stag Mag in the neck...lots of great and useful tons outta this setup. THe Stag Mag splits fantastically as well, it's sorta designed for that. Anywho....
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

User Info Menu

How much gain/overdrive are you using? Dimarzios are wax potted, and I haven't really heard of their modern pickups without covers going microphonic. With enough gain you can get just about anything to feed back.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

In the Morse I'd go with something a little more vintage-y. Maybe an Abraxis or a Mule. If you want something a bit hotter the Cold Sweats have a really cool kind of 90's metal vibe with nice tone and split really well.
    .:My Guitar YouTube Channel:.
    .:Instagram:.
    JP15 Trans Black
    JP7 BFR Blackburst
    JP7 BFR Walnutburst

User Info Menu

Definitely had a Dimazio go microphonic on me. It was on an Ibanez Petrucci JPM90HAM. The Tone Zone in the bridge started squealing like a demon one day. Nothing changed in my rig/settings/volume/etc., it just went microphonic. Took me a while to figure out what the problem was. Needed to be dipped in wax again.