Everlast

Thread: where to get replacement EBMM pickguards? (Steve Morse model)

User Info Menu

where to get replacement EBMM pickguards? (Steve Morse model)

Just took ownership of a somewhat beat up '94 Steve Morse EBMM (standard blueburst with stoptail), and I'm not gelling with the pickups, so I was thinking of swapping them out. I thought it might be easiest to just get a new pickguard and mount the new pickups and controls on it, and keep the stock one unmolested.

Where would I be able to get an official EBMM pickguard? Does EBMM sell them direct, or would I need to go with an aftermarket one from some place like Pickguardian, etc.?

User Info Menu

Yes. They sell them directly.

Axis Hardtail Transparent Purple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Axis Hardtail Transparent Amber #G03900 (10/21/98). FS on REVERB.
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)
    Stingray BFR
    Natural#G59581 (10/3/17)

User Info Menu

What are you going to replace them with? Keep us updated!

User Info Menu

Right now I'm thinking of the following:

bridge: Dimarzio FRED
    single (next to bridge pickup): Dimarzio SDS-1
    single (slanted): Dimarzio Fast Track 1
    neck: Dimarzio PAF Pro

...and a 500K volume pot to replace the stock 250K. The goal being to have better volume balance between the singles and the humbuckers, because right now the singles, even raised up quite a bit, sound weak compared to the humbuckers (which are set fairly low).

Going for a brighter/clearer neck humbucker, a medium output bridge humbucker with great harmonics, a slanted single coil that does clean "Police-esque" sounds with chorus/flange, and a single next to the bridge humbucker that does rude/loud P90-esque single coil stuff (Black Keys type stuff with fuzz).
    Last edited by appar111; 07-17-2019 at 11:21 AM.

User Info Menu

Definitely interested to see how that works out.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by appar111 View Post
    Just took ownership of a somewhat beat up '94 Steve Morse EBMM (standard blueburst with stoptail), and I'm not gelling with the pickups, so I was thinking of swapping them out. I thought it might be easiest to just get a new pickguard and mount the new pickups and controls on it, and keep the stock one unmolested.

Where would I be able to get an official EBMM pickguard? Does EBMM sell them direct, or would I need to go with an aftermarket one from some place like Pickguardian, etc.?
    Hi there, shoot us an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com and we'll help you out.

User Info Menu

Daniel-- thanks, I will be in touch!