Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: Morse Owners

User Info Menu

Morse Owners

Morse owners, what kind of music do you play?
    The Morse (original) is super versatile, and can cop any style, I'm just curious what style you guys (and gals) tend to gravitate toward.
    I mostly play rock, blues, funk, and jazz, and it's been great for any style since I picked it up about a month ago.

User Info Menu

Well that's a fairly large list of styles.

I have not an original but an SM-Y2D that also has those tonal variations. I use it for rock blues, it's not quite as hot as say the Axii and certainly as much as the JP's, but it's good, and it's got great clarity even on high gain settings.
    '97 Axis Sport Transparent Purple (HSS, Floyd)
    '11 JP6 Pearl White (Loaded)
    '11 Axis Purple Quilt
    '12 PDN Axis Honey Burst
    '12 SM-Y2D Purple Sunset (Floyd)
    '12 JPX Barolo

MY MUSIC is on Facebook and Reverbnation.

User Info Menu

I'm mostly a rock player, but my band does a bit of funk, R&B, etc. as well.

Mostly I'm playing a Y2D or Morse. While I find I can pick up any of my MMs without any issue (and I try to rotate them in at rehearsals, gigs), the Morses just work best for me for whatever reason.

User Info Menu

I'm a hobbyist and play whatever floats by boat on that particular day . My BFR Morse although only an HH configuration can handle most all of it with proper amp/pedal settings and some volume knob tweaking. It's a masterpiece.
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Rock here (whatever that means). I have several Morse standards and I'm always trying new pickups. I finally got my '88 to where I really like the pickups. I added a coil tap and it's crazy how many great sounds come out of that guitar. It's also the easiest to play, tune, keep in tune.....It's a real joy to own. It's really is like the Swiss Army knife of guitars.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

User Info Menu

I am mostly a rock/metal player, but branch out into other stuff as my mood changes.

I really like the pickups/sounds and the neck is amazing, it's also weighted perfectly for me.

I would easily say that it's the most "fun" guitar that I own and I always really enjoy playing it.

User Info Menu

I'm using a Y2D in a funk band! Heh. Not that with the best Floyd Rose implementations I've ever seen it's really a stunt guitar.