Axis Capo

Thread: quck question Sterling Silo neck for office guitar

User Info Menu

quck question Sterling Silo neck for office guitar

I have a quick general question, are the Sterling Silo guitar neck's the same dimensions as the EBMM Silo's?

What Sterling Silo Special should I look for in regards the various sub/sterling issues?

Thanks

User Info Menu

I don't know about the Silo specifically, but I know the Sterling Axis and JP necks do not have the exact same profile as the EBMM versions. I would suspect that's the case across the line.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

Thanks !! That is what I generally needed to know, I played a used AL Sterling at guitar center and the neck was not for me compared to the EBMM AL

User Info Menu

I have both. The Sterling is asymmetrical and flatter radius. They feel like two totally different guitars. Not even close to my Silhouette Special. It would be fine for a beater in the office imo. But they sound like a $150 guitar. Not sure if the $500 Sterling Cutlass' sound or play better.

User Info Menu

The sterling models have different necks. I actually got along better with the sterling neck in some cases more than the EBMM version (in terms of carve and radius, not so much finish work). It would be nice if they were closer in line. I was really surprised when I bought an EBMM Stingray and the neck was completely different, same with the Valentine I owned.

User Info Menu

Some of the Sterling models are on the cheaper end of the spectrum, but I would say the valentine Sterling and JP models are solid guitars for the money.