Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks

Thread: EBMM Monarchy Majesty JP Need Some Help...Maybe

User Info Menu

Question EBMM Monarchy Majesty JP Need Some Help...Maybe

Hey everyone. So, I just received my EBMM Monarchy Majesty today. Itís super light weight and it it plays pretty well.

However, the strings on the lower frets tend to buzz if you donít use a nice light touch. I did bring it to a tech and he put new strings on and did some slight adjustments. He raised the bridge a bit and tweaked the neck too. Itís a little better now, but still tends to buzz if youíre not a light handed player.

What he mentioned to me was that some guitars, especially ones with low action, tend to have fret buzz acoustically, but as long as itís not heard through the amp it pretty much a non-issue.

Wondering what peopleís experiences are with this guitar. I know itís meant to be soloing beast and low action is good for my arthritic hands, but wondering if the buzzing is normal.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Reviresco

User Info Menu

Hey bud, long time no see, and congrats on complimenting your 4strings with a 6! Some low action setups will buzz and if it doesn't come through the amp then it's generally OK. However, the setup is all about personal preference. You know that you're always welcome to bring it over here and I'll be happy to tweak it for you!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Generally speaking, if you want a really low action, you have to deal with a little buzz. I used to crank my strings down right on the frets and let it buzz away. As I've gotten older and don't play quite as obnoxiously loud anymore, it bothers me more, and I play a much higher action than I ever thought I would.

Oh, and the rule here is if there are no pics, it doesn't exist.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spychocyco View Post
    Generally speaking, if you want a really low action, you have to deal with a little buzz. I used to crank my strings down right on the frets and let it buzz away. As I've gotten older and don't play quite as obnoxiously loud anymore, it bothers me more, and I play a much higher action than I ever thought I would.

Oh, and the rule here is if there are no pics, it doesn't exist.
    I just saw it in person! It exists, and now there is no more buzz
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Congratulations, have fun with your new guitar!!

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Thanks Pete!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    I just saw it in person! It exists, and now there is no more buzz
    You Da Man Pete!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"