Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: Majesty knobs - how centered are yours?

User Info Menu

Majesty knobs - how centered are yours?

Hi, I received this new Majesty last week (replacement for a neck crack issue). I couldn't help but notice that the knobs are not centered in the body holes. I do not remember this on my original Majesty and looking at old photos of my first Majesty they appeared centered no matter what angle the photo is taken from.

Anyway, please take a look at these photos....are the knobs on other Majesty's so out of center? I thought I would get used to it but I'm finding I cannot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Majesty knobs - how centered are yours?-16d70d3e-1112-41a1-8e6d-355b572c612c-jpeg   Majesty knobs - how centered are yours?-5a343c27-67a5-4907-a902-f681a88104fa-jpeg  

User Info Menu

Contact EBMM CS and let them know.

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Just curious what other Majesties out in the wild looked like. If this is an oddball guitar, I'll contact them. Not sure it can be fixed anyway. The PU selector position is OK.

So, bonus question: does anyone know if the knobs' position can be adjusted (without affecting the PU selector)?

User Info Menu

Mine seem pretty well centered
    EBMM Axis Super Sport (Pacific Blue Burst)
    EBMM L3 HH (Olive Gold)
    EBMM L3 HSS Roasted (Bodhi Blue)
    EBMM Silo Special (Blue Dawn)
    EBMM Albert Lee SSS (Sky Blue)
    EBMM Majesty (Iced Crimson)
    EBMM Cutlass (Vintage Turquoise)
    EBMM L3 BFR (Blueberry Burst)
    EBMM Cutlass HSS (Firemist Silver)

www.TheseGuysLive.com
    Facebook

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mace13 View Post
    So, bonus question: does anyone know if the knobs' position can be adjusted (without affecting the PU selector)?
    Probably yes. The knob parts are screwed in some way inside the eletronics cavity, if you unscrew them you can make slight changes in position. Just open the back cavity and take a look.

User Info Menu

It can be adjusted easily. Remove the knobs and unscrew the fixation of the potis a bit and then recenter the pins.
    JP6 PRB
    JP6 BFR TR
    JPX BFR Barolo
    JPXI BFR BX
    JP12 7 BFR CS
    JP15 BFR QM SB
    Majesty 7 Iced Crimson
    Majesty Artisan Nero
    Majesty 7 Monarchy Majestic Purple
    Majesty Tiger Eye

https://www.youtube.com/user/thejonemusik/

https://www.facebook.com/jonathannadjirimusic/

User Info Menu

Mine was pretty centered. I'm pretty picky about these things. I'm no sure if it can be moved though as I don't have my guitar (on its way back to MM). Let us know if they can be adjusted

User Info Menu

Mine are sort of similar to yours, not 100% centered.

User Info Menu

OP here. I took off the back plate and noticed 4 screws holding the main board to the body. I loosened the screws and could ever so slightly position the circuit board. I then *gently* pulled a knob towards center while tightening a mounting screw, then repeated a couple times. Gently! (can't overemphasize this!, keep in mind when putting pressure on a knob on from the front it is just a solder joint holding it in place!) After the knobs were pretty much all centered, I tightened all 4 screws in a zig-zag pattern, only tightening each one a bit and going around repeatedly until all were tight. If you just tighten one to max then it may pull the board back off center.

As a bonus, the metal piezo tone screws (v2 electronics) are also more centered below the back plate. I noticed those were uncentered the day I got the guitar also. I adjusted the piezo tone right away. I also noticed the uncentered tone knobs right away. But I didn't put 2+2 together that the front knobs and piezo tone screws were related but they are all on the same board.

When I have more time I may remove the circuit board and slightly (ever so slightly) bend the mounting brackets to better position the board to a more centered default position. But for now, the knobs are almost perfectly centered, so I may be over noticing them.

Anyway, glad there was an easy adjustment. I'm good to go!

Note to EBMM: add this to your control plan, check for knobs being centered. Your customers love you but we are a finicky bunch of folks.
    Last edited by Mace13; 08-26-2019 at 08:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Nicely done!

User Info Menu

Could have always shifted during shipping, but it's good to know you were able to resolve the issue. Un-centered knobs would have bothered the heck out of me, because I'm completely obsessive about instrument appearance, unfortunately.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck