The Vault
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrutiny...

User Info Menu

What Wahoo said about tone is important. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Nothing is more off-putting than seeing a first or second post with "Disappointed", "Sucks", or angry emojis in the title, only to have someone unload and tell us how much $$$ they spent. Who wants to help people that just dump on everything?

And then, as mentioned, if the issue turns out to be simple, or when customer service fixes it, there's no follow-up and Google indexes everything, to be turned up in subsequent searches by people that pile on when they think they have the same issue.

It's at least refreshing when someone has an issue but is polite about it. (Notice how much quicker they get help.)

Yeah ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYecora View Post
    Why complaining on FB instead of contacting the shop and EBMM customer services ?
    Because outrage. If you actually call customer service and they take care of your problem, you don't have a reason to rant and rave. Isn't that what social media is for?
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

I posted a "trying to help" message to the guy with the Boss transmitter issue ; I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my Luke III.

My guess is that there is some kind of incompatibility between the transmitter and the MM preamp because it works flawlessly with my AL's.

He wouldn't even answer. Kept on bitchin'...
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

We should start handing out tee-shirts with that ... "Keep on Bitchin'".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    xxl for me please!
    AL SSS BFR Pinkburst
    AL SSS Neptune Blue
    AL HH Starry Night
    AL HH Candy Apple Red
    AL MM90 Sparkle Turquoise
    L3 HSS Olive Gold

User Info Menu

XXL for me too!!!
    EBMM BFR Morse Tahitian Blue S/N G79179 DOB 2/7/17
    SBMM AX30-D Natural Quilt
    SBMM SUB AX4 Trans Red Quilt DiMarzio AXIS pups SD pots GOTOH GE1996T Trem
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Speaking of all the messages on the FB group......did the page get deleted or shutdown? I just now tried to go to it, and it's not showing up in my FB Groups list anymore. I searched Google for it and I get the message of T"he link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

Anybody else seeing the same thing?

User Info Menu

Well, I came here looking for answers after contacting CS and I found their answer unsatisfactory and non helpful tbh. I wanted to see if someone else have the problem of cracks in their guitars and found that Mace13 had the same issue and got a replacement. Yes, the guitar is a piece of wood that might have looked perfect leaving the factory but then developed the cracks due to string tension/shipping etc.. I love my Majesty and I'm looking into getting another MM guitar. But I got really anxious when I got this reply from CS through email: "Unfortunately we do not have experience fixing wood cracks at the headstock in factory. A skilled luthier may be able to offer advice on repairing that." Really? lol. I won't lie this email answer got me pissed. Thankfully, I called and Joel from CS helped me sending the guitar back for inspection. That's all I wanted to do. That's what online forums are for, to try to troubleshoot and get help. We are not just bitc#ing for attention lol. Anyway just wanted to share my experience

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    I posted a "trying to help" message to the guy with the Boss transmitter issue ; I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my Luke III.

My guess is that there is some kind of incompatibility between the transmitter and the MM preamp because it works flawlessly with my AL's.

He wouldn't even answer. Kept on bitchin'...
    It may be with how the luke III tells that something is plugged in. Someone had a good explanation of why the majesty has problems with some wireless units, but I forgot exactly what it entailed.

Most wireless units are designed with standard passive electronics in mind, with a standard Tip and Sleeve output. It seems that for many active designs, they use a modified Tip Ring Sleeve jack to help know when something is plugged in. Either way, something ends up interacting, and either the preamp of the guitar doesn't turn on, or the wireless unit freaks out.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by txaggie929 View Post
    Speaking of all the messages on the FB group......did the page get deleted or shutdown? Anybody else seeing the same thing?
    Still active: Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars Public Group | Facebook
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
    Well, I came here looking for answers after contacting CS
    I don't think the bitching quote was directed at you ... your posts were polite and you were asking about a legitimate issue. Plus you actually did contact customer service

User Info Menu

Yeah. No worries with people legitimately looking for help. It's those guys who ramp up immediately to rants, accusations and defamation before they've even reached out to customer service who get me.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

Beej, almost as good as "That top Sucks!", hahahahahahaha

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Ha ha!

I have an EB t-shirt that says "bitchin'" on it, so we're already close.