Mega Primo Mammoth

Thread: EBMM Content: My first attempt at a John Petrucci tone on the Axe FX (100% stock)

User Info Menu

Smile EBMM Content: My first attempt at a John Petrucci tone on the Axe FX (100% stock)

Fellow ballers! Here's my first (tiring, yet not last hopefully!) attempt at the mighty tone from Mr. John Petrucci on the EBMM JP15 and the Axe FX 2. Everything is 100% stock. Plus some explanation and my approach.

Please do let me know how I did! Thank you for your time. This is a series, so in case you enjoy, there is plenty more from where this came....

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/GurtejSinghGuitar

User Info Menu

Awesome man, great job! I just got the Axe FX II 2 days ago and I am dying to try this preset out...

...but as luck would have it, my 5 month old Majesty just died on me. I'm having an issue where the sound comes on for one second, and then goes out. It only works if I am pushing and holding the piezo volume knob in before/during playing, and dies as soon as I let go. I've contacted Ernie Ball support.

Anyway though, great cover and I will be sure to download your preset once my guitar comes back from repair!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bellaswail View Post
    Awesome man, great job! I just got the Axe FX II 2 days ago and I am dying to try this preset out...

...but as luck would have it, my 5 month old Majesty just died on me. I'm having an issue where the sound comes on for one second, and then goes out. It only works if I am pushing and holding the piezo volume knob in before/during playing, and dies as soon as I let go. I've contacted Ernie Ball support.

Anyway though, great cover and I will be sure to download your preset once my guitar comes back from repair!
    Thank you so much man! Really feel sad about your guitar and I understand what you are going through. I've heard a few other majesty users having some issues, but with Ernie Ball support, you are in great hands. I'm sure everything will be alright. Thank you still for responding back!

It's the kind of response which keeps me going. I literally put days/weeks into each preset and put it out here and everywhere else, but sometimes I do not get many responses.

I'm a long time Ernie Ball user and the JP15 has changed my playing so so much. The tone can never be perfect, but I really hope it gets you and others closer to playing some of his songs.

Thank you so much for watching and if you get time, there are more presets on my channel. Cheers!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Nice job, thanx.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Nice job, thanx.

Glenn |B)
    Thank you so much Glenn. You always reply and encourage me, that's very kind of you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gurtejsingh View Post
    Thank you so much Glenn. You always reply and encourage me, that's very kind of you

Never a problem, and it's always nice to hear other people playing, I'm pretty terrible (borderline on barely being able to play) and it's encouraging for me to hear as well. MikeVT has an Axe FX 2 i believe and I know he loves it as well.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Never a problem, and it's always nice to hear other people playing, I'm pretty terrible (borderline on barely being able to play) and it's encouraging for me to hear as well. MikeVT has an Axe FX 2 i believe and I know he loves it as well.

Glenn |B)
    Thank you so much for the support Glenn! I would also love to hear you play sometime, please do post in case you do! The Axe FX 2 is great, but it's really the JP15 which brings it to life I think. It's an amazing guitar and EBMM has done a fantastic job! Cheers.

User Info Menu

That’s great tone. I’m more of a classic rock guy and use an AX8, but I could see myself zoning out with this for a while. Thanks!
    '14 GC HSHP
    '14 ASS Semi HHP - Black Cherry Burst
    '14 ASS Semi MM90 - Honey Burst
    '16 Axis - Trans Gold Quilt

Fractal AX-8
    Bad Cat 2x12
    Seymour Duncan PowerStage 170
    Headrush FRFR-112

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoonc View Post
    That’s great tone. I’m more of a classic rock guy and use an AX8, but I could see myself zoning out with this for a while. Thanks!
    Thanks so much man for checkin' it out! Really appreciate the feedback! Cheers

User Info Menu

Wow, it sounds amazing man stellar job!!
    JP6 Pearl Red.
    JP6 BFR Bahama Blue.
    "Music Man guitars = the world's best."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jp6Fanatic View Post
    Wow, it sounds amazing man stellar job!!
    Thanks man! I am glad you liked it! This one was tough TBH.