Axis Capo

Thread: How to change the strings on the St Vincent guitar?

User Info Menu

Question How to change the strings on the St Vincent guitar?

Hey all!

Since it is my first time using music man St Vincent guitar, I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the string cover (bridge) without breaking it?

Thank you!
    Last edited by MassEducation22; 09-06-2019 at 03:06 AM.
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

It's screwed on from the Bottom of the Bridgebaseplate
    But why would you want to remove it?
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    It's screwed on from the Bottom of the Bridgebaseplate
    But why would you want to remove it?
    I'm trying to change the strings myself. Because I have never used a music man before and I'm not sure how to change the strings with that type of bridge.
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

Hey there! It just covers the end of the furrels. String thru the back of the body. It will route through you furrel on whatever string you are replacing. If the strings are still on, just reverse that procedure!

- Nick
    Last edited by SilosRock; 09-06-2019 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Sorry ��
    *2011 Silhouette Special(Black)*sold*
    *2010 Reflex(Black&Cream)*sold*
    *2008 Silhouette(Sapphire Black)*lost*
    *2001 Axis Super Sport(Blue Pearl)
    *2000 Axis Sport MM90(Tri-Burst)*sold*
    *1991 Silhouette(Natural/T-shell PG)
    *1999 Axis Sport MM90(Platinum)*sold*
    *1986 Music Man Pre- Silhouette
    (serial#86034)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilosRock View Post
    Hey there! It just covers the end of the furrels. String thru the back of the body. It will route through you furrel on whatever string you are replacing. If the strings are still on, just reverse that procedure!

- Nick
    Thank you! But the guitar is not string through body though.
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

Does it have a vintage trem? Even if not, im pretty certain it routes through the back of guitar. Either through the trem block or through the furrels into the saddles. That base plate just covers a portion of the saddles. I don't know why i called them furrels earlier lol. Gotta picture?
    *2011 Silhouette Special(Black)*sold*
    *2010 Reflex(Black&Cream)*sold*
    *2008 Silhouette(Sapphire Black)*lost*
    *2001 Axis Super Sport(Blue Pearl)
    *2000 Axis Sport MM90(Tri-Burst)*sold*
    *1991 Silhouette(Natural/T-shell PG)
    *1999 Axis Sport MM90(Platinum)*sold*
    *1986 Music Man Pre- Silhouette
    (serial#86034)

User Info Menu

You don't need to remove the bridge plate. Just push the string through the holes in the back of the guitar, which are over the holes in the tremolo block. The string will come out the hole in the bridge plate, in the middle of the saddle.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

You have one of the EBMM modern tremolo bridges. The cover does not need to be removed to change the strings. There is a hole in the bottom of the tremolo block (back side of the guitar) beneath each saddle, and the ball end of each string is in that hole. Just remove each string from its tuner, and then you can push the string down into the hole in the saddle, and it will come out of the hole in the trem block. You shouldn't even need to remove the trem cover on the back of the guitar to do this.

The bridge cover you asked about shouldn't ever need to be removed unless you are replacing saddles or putting a new trem block on the bridge. You can intonate the guitar and change strings with it in place.
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SilosRock View Post
    Does it have a vintage trem? Even if not, im pretty certain it routes through the back of guitar. Either through the trem block or through the furrels into the saddles. That base plate just covers a portion of the saddles. I don't know why i called them furrels earlier lol. Gotta picture?
    I tried to upload the photo but it failed. It's called "St Vincent HHH".
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    You don't need to remove the bridge plate. Just push the string through the holes in the back of the guitar, which are over the holes in the tremolo block. The string will come out the hole in the bridge plate, in the middle of the saddle.
    Ahh, I see! I might have a look. Thank you!
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jones4tone View Post
    You have one of the EBMM modern tremolo bridges. The cover does not need to be removed to change the strings. There is a hole in the bottom of the tremolo block (back side of the guitar) beneath each saddle, and the ball end of each string is in that hole. Just remove each string from its tuner, and then you can push the string down into the hole in the saddle, and it will come out of the hole in the trem block. You shouldn't even need to remove the trem cover on the back of the guitar to do this.

The bridge cover you asked about shouldn't ever need to be removed unless you are replacing saddles or putting a new trem block on the bridge. You can intonate the guitar and change strings with it in place.
    Aha! I see it! Thank you very much! I had no idea that it was a string though, all I knew the Sterling version which is not.

Also, how do you intonate the guitar? Is it the same thing as well?
    Peace and Love! ☮️❣️