The Vault
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Majesty cherry burst question.

User Info Menu

Majesty cherry burst question.

I saw Dream theater last night in raleigh. On the final song, petrucci came out with a cherry fade to an amber colored center majesty. The back of the neck had the same fade job. It was gorgeous. I was so blown away by them playing scenes from a memory that when he came out with the "cherry fade" (I dont know the actual color name) I didn't take a picture. Ive been looking online to see if I can find one for sale. But no luck. Was this color an option or maybe it is a one off for him? I wish I would have taken a picture of it to show you guys. It was transparent in finish with a figired shield on the body.

User Info Menu

Btw, I thought it was sahara burst, but it was more red than what I saw in sahara burst pics. Unless it was the stage lights. But the sahara burst did not have the fade on the back of the neck. The color was very similar the the cherry burst on one of the 1st bfr's offered back in the day

User Info Menu

Future BFR maybe???

User Info Menu

Royal Red Monarchy maybe?

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

I think I found it. Looks like it was a red sunrise guitar. The red was very bright under the lights. My blue pearl is like that. In a normal room, it looks ok, put it in a bright room or outside on a sunny day and it looks like a different guitar. The red sunrise is a very nice finish!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coma4by View Post
    I think I found it. Looks like it was a red sunrise guitar. The red was very bright under the lights. My blue pearl is like that. In a normal room, it looks ok, put it in a bright room or outside on a sunny day and it looks like a different guitar. The red sunrise is a very nice finish!
    I saw them in Richmond last night and he was using that red sunrise majesty during the SFAM set and exactly as you said when the lights hit that finish it just glows.

JP6 Pearl Red.
    JP6 BFR Bahama Blue.
    "Music Man guitars = the world's best."

User Info Menu

It is a Red Sunrise Majesty

User Info Menu

Hey Maddi, amazing show last night. The guitar tone was just wow all of those majesties screamed especially that steakhouse one during At Wit's End.

JP6 Pearl Red.
    JP6 BFR Bahama Blue.

User Info Menu

That was the Chophouse version. Yeah, that one sounded really good last night. Thanks for coming to the show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tekwerk View Post
    Maddi you are a legend! Keep up the great work 🤘🏻

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tekwerk View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation Maddi! Very nice guitar 🎸!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jp6Fanatic View Post
    Hey Maddi, amazing show last night. The guitar tone was just wow all of those majesties screamed especially that steakhouse one during At Wit's End.
    In Raleigh, he didnt use a steak house model and he only used the red sunrise on at wits end. My son was with me and we were front row right infront of Petrucci and he thought it was the best looking one of the night. But, his favorite color is also red! Lol

User Info Menu

Monarchy Majesties discontinued, what a shame...

JPXI Cardinal Red G57082
    JP12 Cherry Sugar G59225
    JP12 7 Cardinal Red F29322
    MAJESTY Glacial Frost M08083
    MAJESTY Ferrari Rosso M07113
    ARTISAN MAJESTY 7 Rosso M04775
    NOMAC MAJESTY Timeworn Matte Silver M06246
    MAJESTY Charred Silver Sparkle M08237
    MAJESTY Dargie 3 M08360

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyboogie View Post
    Monarchy Majesties discontinued, what a shame...
    They discontinued the monarchies? That's a real shame loved the look of the Imperial Blue one.

JP6 Pearl Red.
    JP6 BFR Bahama Blue.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jp6Fanatic View Post
    They discontinued the monarchies? That's a real shame loved the look of the Imperial Blue one.
    It's very similar to the Blue Honu available on the newer design majesty. As Petrucci continues to work with EBMM on the Majesty, it has evolved from the Monarchy into a different Majesty that fits his needs better.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck