The Vault

Thread: JP15 pickup history

User Info Menu

JP15 pickup history

Just wondering if the JP15's have always had the Illuminators? Mine was built in June of 2018 and also wondering if that is when they incorporated the quick connects on the pups? any help on this question is greatly appreciated. I've been considering swapping for the dream catcher/rainmaker set
    EBMM Axis Trans Red
    EBMM JP15 Trans black quilt
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    EVH R/W/B striped series
    Axe-Fx II|Atomic CLR Wedges X 2

User Info Menu

Yes, the JP15 have always had the Illuminators (unless potentially changed in a BFR/Artist offering). The Illuminators were introduced on the JP13, and the Sonic Ecstasy were introduced on the JP16. As far as the quick connects go, you may want to contact EB directly - I'm not sure what date they started using them on those guitars.
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

Thanks Pete. I'm wondering how the Dream Catcher/Rainmakers would sound in this guitar. Illuminators are pretty great though (esp for high gain) i'm really struggling with the cleans except in split coils. I find its the only usable configuration in that case
    EBMM Axis Trans Red
    EBMM JP15 Trans black quilt
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    EVH R/W/B striped series
    Axe-Fx II|Atomic CLR Wedges X 2

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka5150 View Post
    Thanks Pete. I'm wondering how the Dream Catcher/Rainmakers would sound in this guitar. Illuminators are pretty great though (esp for high gain) i'm really struggling with the cleans except in split coils. I find its the only usable configuration in that case
    Unfortunately, we don't have any records of when the JP models were switched to quick-connect pickups. The new Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker pickups have an increased sensitivity to pick attack and an extended dynamic range resulting in pickups that are clearer and broader with a more pronounced expressive tone than the more even output on the Illuminator pickups. I hope that helps!